Sightron ??

no avatar
kevingambrell

Sightron ??

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi
Has any one here had any use of the Sightron range of scopes? Im looking at the Sightron SIIISS 10-50×60 LRMOA.
I rather like the idea of an MOA reticule over MIL dot.

Cheers

no avatar
Axelrod

Re: Sightron ??

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi. I can,t comment about sightron, as i don,t know the scope. I moved to MOA reticule in one of the large falcon last year and i find it really good and very easy to calculate hold over on long shots. Chair gun has MOA reticule settings on it,s program if that is any help. dave

no avatar
gary martin

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:37 pm

i dont have one or ever used one. two of my shooting mates have, or should i say one still has it. one said the glass was good, sightron do make camera lens so should be, but! in the warmer weather he could not rangefind beyond 50 yards, would not come in/out focus well. the other friend thinks its sliced bread, loves it. suppose its like most, good and bad ones. not seen many on the FT cuicuit, only big name who uses one is john costello who was 2013 world champion.

no avatar
kevingambrell

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 am

Thank you chaps, Just put the order in.

mikeygasbag

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:01 am

I use Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD scopes for both my HFT rig and my hunting rig. I bought these scopes before the true mil-dot version came into the country, yet I still find the modified mill dot reticle to be easy to use. Even though I have tried many other scopes, I keep returning to these beauties. My only gripe with them is the lack of locking turrets, but that is all. The glass is superb, much better than it's price point in my opinion. In fact, the glass is so good on them, I bought a pair of Sightron SIII binoculars last year. They too are stunning!

Good luck with your purchase.

Mike.
Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500 .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

Blackbaronfish

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 am

That's one make ive nevery found myself buying. I do like my Vortex ones though :D

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started