Disapointing shooting equipment.

no avatar
seagate

Disapointing shooting equipment.

Mon May 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Is there anything that you've bought that you were really looking forward to , might be an actual gun or ...but once you'd got it , realised that it wasn't suitable or of poor quality?

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Disapointing shooting equipment.

Tue May 31, 2016 9:45 am

only pellets really, but they are a different kettle of fish. i tried some of the daystate LI pellets 7.9g, they were fantastically made but, were tight in the breach, were the same M/Velocity as JSB 8.44g with no adjustment and grouped post 45 yard like a 410 shotgun. not to say they were bad, only my rifle did not like them.

darran77

Tue May 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Yeh the gunpower stealth i bought and got rid of after about 3 months :shock:
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue May 31, 2016 6:08 pm

darran77 wrote:Yeh the gunpower stealth i bought and got rid of after about 3 months :shock:
daz

I loved mine :) never gave me any problems ,though i did replace the plastic grips for wooden ones.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
zippy

Tue May 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes!, the Walther LGU, what was I thinking I already owned a TXHC and a Prosport just wanted to try one of the Walther offerings. (BIG mistake) it dieseled badly and the rifle weighed as much as the Titanic... I could have fixed the dieseling issues but I felt the rifle was a piece of crap... so I exchanged it for another TX200... :D
The LGU would not group whatever pellet used the rifle must have been a Friday afternoon special... :lol: not to say they are all this bad... ;) :?: :?: :?:

I should have known better having owned most air rifles out there and with been an engineer... :oops: you live and still learn.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Big Dog

Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Many years ago I made the mistake of buying a Logun S16 MKII - what an absolute heap of junk. It went back to the dealer after about 3 weeks, who then advised me that every one he'd sold had been returned to him as being competently useless!!

darran77

Tue May 31, 2016 10:07 pm

eboswan wrote:
darran77 wrote:Yeh the gunpower stealth i bought and got rid of after about 3 months :shock:
daz

I loved mine :) never gave me any problems ,though i did replace the plastic grips for wooden ones.

Recieved mine direct form Gunpower, scoped it up and went to zero it, cocked it loaded it and returned the bolt took the safety off and it went off
sending a pellet into the ground, the trigger had been set that fine it a gnat's fart could have set it off, and it was shooting at almost 15ftlbs.
Boxed it up and got my RFD to return it for sorting.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
rhogg4696

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 am

seagate wrote:Is there anything that you've bought that you were really looking forward to , might be an actual gun or ...but once you'd got it , realised that it wasn't suitable or of poor quality?

Yes I bought a new S510 FAC .22. I have owned a S410 .177 for eight or nine years and thought it was the bees knees and so accurate. The S510 shot so badly I mistakenly sent the scope back and swapped it for another make of scope. Then I sent the gun back to AA who 'found nothing wrong'. AA recommended using only AA F pellets but I found they were still not as accurate as the JSB I had been using all along.

Then all of a sudden it started to shoot straight, this having owned the gun for more than six months.

I have not had much success hunting as yet. The trial continues....

Rob.

no avatar
seagate

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Had a Spanish bsa lightning, probabley the worse gun I've ever owned, it would snap springs regularly ,complete waste of money.I think that and a tx 22 with wobbley trigger pins are the only 2 negative experinces I've had.