no avatar
Roger5

Re: amnesty

Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 am

Yes, I wonder how long it will be before it effects people down here. Rog

Blackbaronfish

Sat May 21, 2016 8:31 am

Might get some bargains if we're lucky :mrgreen: .
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Longbow Nick

Sat May 21, 2016 8:46 am

There was an amnesty some years ago in the area I live. Where anything could be handed in, no questions asked and everything chopped up.
I know for a fact that a brace of Holland and Hollands was handed in and they somehow fell into the hands of an RFD that I know very well. Obviously a dodgy copper knew what they were worth and pocketed the proceeds.

no avatar
robertt

Sat May 21, 2016 10:01 am

A matched pair of Holland & Holland could be worth £50,000.
If true I would be making an official complaint.

no avatar
Big Dog

Sat May 21, 2016 5:43 pm

They don't need to have an amnesty for people to hand their air rifles in.

Article 17 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights,which UK Governments are obliged by Law to adhere to, makes it clear that "Everyone has the right to own, use, dispose of and bequeath his or her lawfully acquired possessions as they wish. No one may be deprived of his or her possessions, except in the public interest and in the cases and under the conditions provided for by law, subject to fair compensation being paid in good time for their loss". Subsequently, the Scottish Government are legally required to compensate those who are either unable or unwilling to retain their air weapons, by nature of the fact that people have been actively restricted from disposing of or in some cases continuing to be able to own possessions that they have acquired legally.

Subsequently an amnesty is inappropriate as compensation must be paid. Anyone presenting this as an EU directive in Court of Law would win. I would suspect that proving such an amnesty and using associated scaremongering tactics is nothing more than a feeble attempt to avoid paying the compensation that people are entitled to.

no avatar
Bosun

Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Well said, and why doesn't it surprise me?

I really thought that those Scottish Parliamentary muppets would have seen sense eventually, but clearly not!

My sympathies to fellow shooters north of the border.
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol

no avatar
mark holding

Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Big Dog wrote:They don't need to have an amnesty for people to hand their air rifles in.

Article 17 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights,which UK Governments are obliged by Law to adhere to, makes it clear that "Everyone has the right to own, use, dispose of and bequeath his or her lawfully acquired possessions as they wish. No one may be deprived of his or her possessions, except in the public interest and in the cases and under the conditions provided for by law, subject to fair compensation being paid in good time for their loss". Subsequently, the Scottish Government are legally required to compensate those who are either unable or unwilling to retain their air weapons, by nature of the fact that people have been actively restricted from disposing of or in some cases continuing to be able to own possessions that they have acquired legally.

Subsequently an amnesty is inappropriate as compensation must be paid. Anyone presenting this as an EU directive in Court of Law would win. I would suspect that proving such an amnesty and using associated scaremongering tactics is nothing more than a feeble attempt to avoid paying the compensation that people are entitled to.

AND HERE'S ME THINKING THE SCOTTISH WERE PRO EU.

no avatar
Big Dog

Thu May 26, 2016 12:45 pm

The only thing that those idiots Alex Salmon and Nicola Sturgeon are pro to is Alex Salmon and Nicola Sturgeon!!