This is going to end badly!

james79

This is going to end badly!

Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 pm

I nipped around to my parents earlier and my dad had dug out my brothers old air rifle (it's a .22 cometa of some description fitted with the obligatory cheapo mid 90's scope). It turned out that this renaissance of interest in airguns was a result of our dear friend buggs making an appearance in the garden and as a result I was greeted with something along the lines of "I don't suppose you've got any pellets that will go in this have you?". As it so happened I had approximately a quarter of a tin of accupell (a pellet I've never had good results from) in cold storage in the shed. I duly off loaded these on him with the warning that he was unlikely to be able to put a grouping in the size of his garage door and possibly worse due to the accupell :o To prove my point I decided I should prove to him that the setup wasn't up to shooting at live targets (I'd rather do a demo of cyyyrap shooting than risk wounded quarry). The end result of this fools errand is that I put 5 shots in a 10mm group freehand with what I thought was a cheap and nasty piece of Spanish rubbish that hasn't been fired (or cleaned) in at least 15 years using pellets I don't rate :? admittedly it was only at about 20 yards but having only shot pcp's recently what can I say?
It seems to have created an itch that needs scratching and I have a horrible feeling it may be the start of a bad case of "springeritus" ! My local RFD has a second hand tx in .22 as well as a couple of new prosports and all of a sudden my wallets feeling very hot and weighing heavily in my pocket :o Please please good people of the AAOC talk me out of doing something the missus will (very much) make me regret :?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: This is going to end badly!

Mon May 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Buy a prosport send it too me :D that way you will own a springer :D your wife will never see it :D and i will be very happy :D :D and you wont have too put up with the wife's wrath because she will never know :D :D :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

james79

Mon May 16, 2016 10:53 pm

eboswan wrote:Buy a prosport send it too me :D that way you will own a springer :D your wife will never see it :D and i will be very happy :D :D and you wont have too put up with the wife's wrath because she will never know :D :D :D

Now that sounds like a plan, I get to buy the rifle I'm dreaming of, the wife never knows and the gun gets to be appreciated in it full glory. As it sounds I can't fault it, it's just for some reason I've got this nagging doubt someone's missing out on something some where :lol: :lol: :o
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 16, 2016 10:59 pm

james79 wrote:
eboswan wrote:Buy a prosport send it too me :D that way you will own a springer :D your wife will never see it :D and i will be very happy :D :D and you wont have too put up with the wife's wrath because she will never know :D :D :D

Now that sounds like a plan, I get to buy the rifle I'm dreaming of, the wife never knows and the gun gets to be appreciated in it full glory. As it sounds I can't fault it, it's just for some reason I've got this nagging doubt someone's missing out on something some where :lol: :lol: :o

I will send you lots of pics :mrgreen:
S200. .177

james79

Mon May 16, 2016 11:03 pm

eboswan wrote:
james79 wrote:

I will send you lots of pics :mrgreen:

I don't want them if they involve sheep :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Ohh :(
Ok then i will send you pics of the rifle only...leaning it against a sheep :mrgreen:
S200. .177

james79

Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 pm

eboswan wrote:Ohh :(
Ok then i will send you pics of the rifle only...leaning it against a sheep :mrgreen:

Where abouts on the sheep? (Not that it matters you understand :shock: :shock: :oops: )

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 16, 2016 11:16 pm

james79 wrote:

Where abouts on the sheep? (Not that it matters you understand :shock: :shock: :oops: )

Not that it matters....yea right :shock: bloody pervert :lol:
S200. .177

james79

Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 pm

:mrgreen:
eboswan wrote:
james79 wrote:

Not that it matters....yea right :shock: bloody pervert :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

Blackbaronfish

Tue May 17, 2016 5:23 am

I have a Cometa in .22 and its been fettled a little. They are well build and fac rated ;)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started