mpr trigger tuning

no avatar
bripard

mpr trigger tuning

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi is their a video, or instructions on here how to to tune a mpr trigger? also where to get some crinkly washers.

Raj

Re: mpr trigger tuning

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 am

Crinkly washers - Julian - BGALTD. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

mikeygasbag

Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm

bripard wrote:Hi is their a video, or instructions on here how to to tune a mpr trigger? also where to get some crinkly washers.

Yes, as Raj said, Julian will supply you with the crinkle washer kit.

For your part, you need to polish the trigger sears to a mirror finish, but be very careful not to over do it and alter the profile of the sears. Take a photo of the trigger unit before you remove the sears from the posts, that way you have a ready reference for re-assembly. It is a very simple job, honestly. Another tip I can give you is to replace the trigger sear tension spring with a cut down Biro spring. Take a single coil off at a time to be sure, once removed, you can't put it back on again. When you have polished the sears, fitted them back in place with the crinkle washers, then you need to adjust the trigger to your personal preference. This is best done with the trigger fully assembled but with the side plate removed. That way you can see how the sears engage with each other, then it's far easier to make the necessary adjustments.

Hope that helps.

Mike.
Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500 .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

no avatar
bripard

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:28 am

Yes that certainly helps. Thank you Mike.

roadrunner

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:14 pm

I did my s400 and to be honest theres is only the lower two sears to polish the upper sear was finish nicely,the lower sear where the trigger adjuster screws ride against still had the laser cutting marks on it,does make a differance once cleaned up