To get or not to get?

no avatar
BunnyBasher

To get or not to get?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Ok so I am after some opinions/advice.
I have I nikko stirling mountmaster 4-12x50 and it holds its zero and I have no problem with the optics or hitting my intended targets, but we all get that ohhhhh something new and shiny feeling.
I been thinking of getting an MTC mamba or mamba light, my question is, 1 is there any point as the mountmaster does the job? 2 will there be any significant benefit as the mamba is about 3 times the price, will it be 3 times better? None of my local RFD have them so can't try before buy it would have to be an online purchase.
Views opinions please.

no avatar
davyt63

Re: To get or not to get?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:10 pm

I have three MTC scopes,they are good scopes.
I use my 3-12x44 for hunting and HFT,and get good results.

I also have Hawke sidewinders to,and to be fair they are both as good as one another.

So they get a thumbs up from me.
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
ray7

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:30 pm

BunnyBasher wrote: it holds its zero and I have no problem with the optics or hitting my intended targets,

Can you get 3 times better than that?

Ray
AA S200 .177
Sarasqueta 12bore side by side

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Is there any way you could try the scopes before you buy. I went through the same thing last year and got an MTC viper 4x24x56. I know this size is an overkill but the price was right. However i regularly use my 2nd gun which has a hawk scope fitted, which gives the same accuracy results??.
Would I spend a lot more money now to change my hawke scope to an MTC. The answer has to be NO.
The hawke scope does everthing I need from a scope and i only use it for hunting and it does get knocked about. I find I am more conscious of my MTC scope when I am creeping about trying to get into the right place to take that telling shot.
Kevin

no avatar
trumpetier

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:53 pm

ray7 wrote:
BunnyBasher wrote: it holds its zero and I have no problem with the optics or hitting my intended targets,

Can you get 3 times better than that?

Ray

Exactly