Ben Taylor Regs

Blackbaronfish

Ben Taylor Regs

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 am

Im having two of my BTAS S410's serviced by the Gun Doctor. Has anyone else used them.
http://www.airgundoctor.co.uk/

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Ben Taylor Regs

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:40 am

Hi BBF i have a btas S510 .22 and now that Mr Taylor has retired was also wondering where to get reg serviced if it ever needed it, I have no problems at present and it has worked ok for last 6years, I can service the rifle myself, but don't know much about regs, keep us posted on how you get on with the doctor. Cheers Rog

Blackbaronfish

Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:18 am

I have sent them both to the Gundoctor. £70 + vat. They have not had the regs touched for well over 12 years, so if they last another 12 I will be happy.
Ben has milled out a lot of material that makes it very costly to put back to original. You are stuck with getting them serviced really :oops: .

Servicing them is only a clean and a few o'rings,but the time and effort to balance them puts the cost back into perspective.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
mark holding

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 pm

I didn't realise that Ben Taylor had retired. I knew he was doing work with Milbro, and his old web site it still up and running, so maybe Ben's Son has taken on his Dad's workload if he has retired.
http://www.bentaylorandson.co.uk/frameset.html

Blackbaronfish

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Yes he has retired. That's an old website and the number on it is a private one.

BBF

no avatar
Dave G

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 am

Anything reg related I'd send to Kev g usually £35 for a new poston core ect and service not a business more shed runner but serviced and made thousands of regs in his time contact kevg@gmail.co

no avatar
mark holding

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Yes he has retired. That's an old website and the number on it is a private one.

BBF

It's a shame he has finished. He is a legend in the Airgun World.

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Im having two of my BTAS S410's serviced by the Gun Doctor. Has anyone else used them.
http://www.airgundoctor.co.uk/

BBF

Hi Ray, so how did it go with your BTAS S410s, was/is airgundoctor worth the money, have noticed that you haven't said much about it, or are you waiting for them to be returned to you. Cheers Rog

Blackbaronfish

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Both came back working well at a cost of £70 each. I used one at the AAOC meet and it was sweet. I then decided to fit a Robert Lane anti bounce hammer and with the reg repaired I'm getting 80 perfect shots all within 6fps. Sadly the time and weather has been against me and I haven't done any more.
The rifles had to have the regs serviced due to the seals breaking down which was a no brainer. The extra costs are getting them to the place that repairs them :o . I was lucky that one of my lads lived near, so I sent him home an hour early and he dropped them off and later picked them up 8-) .

BBF

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am

Glad that your happy with service from the Doctor, and would also like to know where you found the Robert Lane antibounce hammers, have been looking for one of these for a while, but not having any joy. Rog