Switched TX's for a bit

no avatar
FPoole

Switched TX's for a bit

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:28 am

Went out this evening with a different gun. I'd been really flogging the super short stroke gun for the last however long and wanted to see if I could tell a difference. Got my MarkIII with the 93mm stroke piston and soft spring to compare. I noticed this gun felt a bit stiff at first, but it woke up after 30 shots. Actually, I got the feel for it again. This gun shoots a bit faster requiring 7 less 1/8th minute clicks at 55 yards, but it definitely groups tighter at 55. The one positive for the short stroke gun is that it doesn't produce as many odd shots. You know, the shot that just went .5" from the rest of the shots at 25m. It's a toss up as far as FT goes because I'm sure it would gain me a shot or two in a 30 shot match, but it may lose a shot or two at the 55 yarders when the wind is up. Both are great in the end and, with practice, there's so little real difference in them.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Switched TX's for a bit

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 am

Interesting to know there isn't a lot in it. 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Re: Switched TX's for a bit

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:07 am

I think for sure a beginner would be able to shoot the short stroke gun better. There is one other point that is better with the short stroke, and that's vertical stringing. The short stroke doesn't seem to vary the poi up and down like the longer stroke. I can pretty much keep this out of my groups, but I do get the occasional high shot with the longer stroke. In the end, both are good and one is just a tiny bit easier and maybe a good bit easier if you're not that good with a springer.