AA TDR.

no avatar
Mick G

AA TDR.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Got to say how much I love my new TDR! It is dead accurate, no recoil, almost inaudible when fired . I,ve always preferred springers for reasons I wont go into as you've heard it all before but I was forced to go to PCPs at last. I've tried a few in the past but couldn't get on with them. I use a pump to charge it and keep it topped up despite having heart trouble!
I recently bought a Walther Rotex RM8 which is brilliant too but a bit heavy for me and I am part exchanging it for a Compatto in .177. It will have to be good to beat the TDR.

no avatar
mark holding

Re: AA TDR.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:40 pm

I must admit Mick, when I first started shooting back in the mid 70s, springers were all they had, and I was about 14 when I finally got a Rellum Tornado out of one of those mail order catalogues as a present from my Mum and Dad. I know it wasn't one of the best rifles, but I got used to it and was able to hit 5p pieces at about 15 yards with my open sites, and further with my scope. The recoil and weight were also quite heavy for a young teenager, but it taught me how to shoot a gun that recoiled. Finally after having to give it up in the early 80s, and then coming back to shooting about 10 years ago, I was amazed at all the changes, and different kinds of air rifle available. Pre charged are easy to shoot right off the shelf for a novice, but the techniques learned from using a springer as a youngster, and then after spending 12 years in the Army, I found that the change to pre-charge was fantastic, and it gives most shooters the chance to do well in the sport of shooting from day one. Since coming back to shooting, I started off with a CO2 rifle, which I had used in Canada. I then went onto buying a Webley LiteW8 and a Air Arms S200. I also brought an AGS Value-max, but for some reason it is always key holing, so I have put that aside for a later day. I then got my Son into it. He started shooting when he was 16 and he's now 25. His Grandad gave him his Sharp Ace pump rifle, but then he wanted to buy a pre charge and his first pre charge rifle was an AGS PCR1. He has just recently brought a Daystate Wolverine C. My younger daughter, not wanting to be left out had her first gun when she was about 12. It was a Gamo Delta Fox, at 6ft/lb, but suited her size and age. Now at almost 19, she not long ago brought a Hatsan Galation, so my 7 gun Bratton Sound Gun Cabinet has 8 guns in it, so it wont be long before we will be needing a larger cabinet.

I have heard nothing but good noises about the Brocock Compatto. Daystate have played their part in making it what it is today, and the accuracy is second to none. I hope you have many happy ours with both your TDR and your Compatto. You will have to let us know how you find it when it arrives.

All the best.

Mark H.

no avatar
zippy

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:47 pm

I Love my spring rifles and would never part with any of them... as I feel the are so enjoyable too shoot they make you try and enhance you shooting skills.
However,,, always wanted a take down rifle even as a kid watching the Jimmy Bond films... :lol: I find there is absolute need for a discreet and lightweight handy take down rifle, And must admit the handy size and light weight is so welcomed, I should have bought the TDR years ago.

I first seen the Air Arms TDR a fair few years ago now and always thought it looked amazing bit of kit when seeing the rifle all taken down in the rather nice case, lovely peace of engineering indeed. At the time I was only put off buying one because of the shot count and lack of knowledge. However, now there are mini charging bottles 500cc that one can take out with you to fill the TDR up with air this makes the TDR are very desirable rifle indeed, as you can get loads of shots from the Best fittings Mini 500cc charging bottle with a full cylinder on the TDR and 500cc charging bottle I get now about 200+ shots for even target shooting and plinking session.

There have been many tries of air rifle take downs and not many can live up too the TDR for looks and size, when fully assembled it is the same size as full rifle.
It it is comfortable to shoot.. very accurate indeed and a joy too take out shooting with been so easy to discreetly transport, the stock has the adjustable but plate and you get a moderator included and the nice case with backpack straps... there is even a place too fit 2 magazines in the stock this makes loading a joy.

Love the Air Arms TDR with a passion... The Air Arms TDR is a lot rifle package for the money.

The Air Arms TDR has now become my most used air rifle because of the light weight and easy transportation... everything one needs in one small discreet package.

The TDR in all is glory bellow video... :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-Cn-uCer0

The TDR accuracy testing bellow video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL28ZNLOYGw

TDR shot count test bellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZH9eAG-3w
Last edited by zippy on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Mick G

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:04 pm

To Mark and Zippy, thanks for your interesting replies. It's funny but I can't get rid of my XS 38, ( the latest model with the horrible great foresight lump and the ill designed under lever safety button at the rear which I removed!) Smashing gun otherwise. anyway, I've just come indoors from the wind , hail and snow! I just took the TDR out and shot a matchstick at twenty five yards and it made me laugh. I still find it hard to believe that we can make a tiny pellet do such things!! By the way, at Christmas I bought a lovely four month old Lurcher and he is a smasher! He is a greyhound cross bearded Collie and a little devil sometimes but I love him. He is a blueish grey and rough coated and at six months, boy! Can he run?
All the best, Mick.