Which Replacement Laser Rangefinder?

no avatar
robertt

Which Replacement Laser Rangefinder?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 am

Stupidly I left my car unlocked whilst nipping to the bank and my MTC Rangefinder went walkies from the glove compartment. £200 up the swanee!!

Found the MTC good but the amount of pressure required to press the activation button could make it a bit unsteady but I did like the illuminated reticule.

Am after a replacement but which one?

no avatar
robertt

Re: Which Replacement Laser Rangefinder?

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:03 am

Please!

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:32 am

It depends on what distance you shoot and your budget. I have used a Bushnell 400 yardage pro for years and it's served me well. I have now got a Leoupold which would be over kill for air gun ranges but with the lovely glass I can scan around.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
robertt

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Air rifle only. I suppose £250 ish.
Would prefer one with illuminated reticle.
Ta Rob.

no avatar
robertt

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:45 pm

Considering the amount of members who have a diverse amount of rangefinders and could have given me advice I am extremely disappointed by the pathetic response.
For the benefit of others I went to McAvoys in Standish and after testing a variety of items I chose a Nikko Sterling which has excellent optics and a very simple and clear display.
Thanks BBF for your input.

no avatar
GrandadG

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Don't count me in as one of the "pathetic non-responders) :shock:
I don't own a rangefinder, so couldn't be any help :(
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

james79

Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 pm

robertt wrote:Considering the amount of members who have a diverse amount of rangefinders and could have given me advice I am extremely disappointed by the pathetic response.
For the benefit of others I went to McAvoys in Standish and after testing a variety of items I chose a Nikko Sterling which has excellent optics and a very simple and clear display.
Thanks BBF for your input.

I'm sure all the pathetic owners of range finders that didn't leap straight to it with recommendations over the huge period of time that has elapsed since the op are truly sorry and ashamed of themselves. On the plus side you have redeemed yourself by giving some feedback by way of your final choice. I'm all for asking questions and giving feedback and opinions (indeed the wealth of experience, knowledge and camaraderie on here is one of the AAOC's finest points) but I feel it is a tad presumptuous to automatically expect an immediate response and pretty poor sport to criticise members for not fulfilling your every whim and need ;) Anyway glad you got sorted, for future reference I chose a Hawke 900lrf which is overkill for airgun use and even rimfire but it's handy at work for roughly measuring out plots etc :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Axelrod

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi. Please don,t blame the members for a lack of response. I have just done a quick forum search for "rangefinder". It came up with only two, one of which was yours. It,s possible the info you seek is not as common as you think it is. dave

no avatar
robertt

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:46 am

i apologise for my outburst I was angry about loosing the rangfinder and having to fork out for another.
i was obviously shouting at the wrong people.
So again sorry I hope I have not offended anyone.

Blackbaronfish

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Go and sit in the corner for a few minutes :lol:
Don't worry I'm sure your humble apology has been accepted 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started