old age

no avatar
Mick G

Re: old age

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Cor! here we go! I'm eighty and very recently went over to PCPs. Wonderful! you can rest on something solid to shoot. I find the pump easy enough too. It's an FX stage three I think it's called, much better than the Webley I last had. I can get a gun up to 200 bars without my angina starting!!! Mick.

no avatar
Axelrod

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Glad i am not the oldest on here. As above, sitting and with a rest ,still shooting 72 this year. dave

no avatar
Mick G

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Dave, hope you have nicer weather than us! Are you allowed air guns without any fuss there?

no avatar
Axelrod

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:37 pm

No fuss with air guns. Legal limit is 18ftb pistol or rifle. weather is good most of the time. dave

no avatar
Phil B

Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 pm

james79 wrote:Sometimes you chaps don't help at all! At 36 you're making me feel like a kid again only I've already given up hope of taking unsupported shots and talk of three mile walks is just rubbing it in. When my grand parents used to warn me of the perils of my bad "genes" I thought they were talking about my fashion sense :roll:
Don't worry about it; I had a heart attack a year ago but it didn't stop me walking in the Swiss mountains for 20 - 25 km with several thousand feet height gain. Still looking for a valid excuse for lousy shots though!

no avatar
Big Dog

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm mid 50's and I must admit that over the last 18 months I've started to slow down - not by choice. Muscles wont do what they used to and kneeling down and getting back up is starting to get a slower. I jog 4 times a week still, but it's really just a case of dragging me feet around - years ago I could run a 10 mile road race in just under the hour, my best time for a marathon was 3 seconds over 3 hours, I used to successfully race cross country for the Military, but now I can't keep up with the 85 year old down the road when she's peddling her pushbike!!

no avatar
Tourk

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:37 am

Talking as one who has lived with pain for over 30yrs, I've found that the secret is to not think about it, try to take each day as it comes.
Some days I'm bed ridden others I can get out and do some target practice. For me having a shed with a small log burner in it is a peace of heaven (for want of a better word for it) I can sit in their worm and dry, slide the door back and shoot until the pellets run out or my arm gives up pulling the bar down on my pro sport.
Sometimes it's the simple things in life that mean the most.

no avatar
davyboy

Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Just take it as it comes Fred, the best thing is to enjoy what you do, I am 76 and I am still banging Squirrels with Head shots at 30 to 40 yards from a concealed position but no way could I manage Field Target , all that getting up and down would flatten me just enjoy it Mate

no avatar
Phil B

Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:52 pm

Tourk wrote:Talking as one who has lived with pain for over 30yrs, I've found that the secret is to not think about it, try to take each day as it comes.
Some days I'm bed ridden others I can get out and do some target practice. For me having a shed with a small log burner in it is a peace of heaven (for want of a better word for it) I can sit in their worm and dry, slide the door back and shoot until the pellets run out or my arm gives up pulling the bar down on my pro sport.
Sometimes it's the simple things in life that mean the most.

Shed, log burner, plinking - that does sound the bee's knees - fantastic!!