swivel studs

no avatar
tommyconatser

swivel studs

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Hello guys..can swivel studs be put on a new s510 ? The wood looks a little thin up front.

no avatar
itmovedhonest

Re: swivel studs

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:13 am

Cant answer directly. I have a prosport and the cocking lever is in the way.
My solution is a loop of leather around the barrel with a D ring on it to attach sling.
When you put sling over shoulder, the loop is pulled down the barrel so it wont fall off.
Other end of sling goes into hole in leather strap clamped between stock and butt pad.
Works well and you can take it off in seconds. No holes on wood.

If you do drill through fore end, take it off action first. Sounds obvious but people have
Drilled through cylinder!!!!!!!

Can send photo of sling loops if you PM me
Neil

no avatar
tommyconatser

Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 am

Thanks for the reply..i am trying to find out if i can put a bipod on my s510.

no avatar
billywhizz

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:48 pm

hi tommy, i have a 510 with a 410 stock on it, the 410 stock had a stud on it before i fitted it too the 510 its the same stock really.

no avatar
mark holding

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Tom, you should be OK. The Airgun Centre sell these rifles as a package with bipods if needed, so it must be possible. I've not really noticed if the rifle studs come in different lengths or not, but I do know that some come with spaces, so that you wouldn't need to screw them in so far. Its always nerve racking when you drill into your rifle stock, but I have done all of mine. Just take your time marking out the centre of the stock and put some masking tape over the stock where you intend to drill. Then making sure you've removed the stock from the cylinder before you start, use a fine drill bit to get started and then go a little larger before screwing in the stud. I believe I used a little glue on my stud as well, just to make sure it stayed in place. If you aren't happy doing it yourself, most of the good gun shops that you buy the studs off will do it for you. Happy shooting.

Blackbaronfish

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Try and use a wood drill that has the tiny point. They give a cleaner hole and don't wonder.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tommyconatser

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Thanks guy's for the info,i think i will give it a try. Great forum !

james79

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:25 pm

I found having a bit of a practice run on a spare bit of hardwood beforehand gave me more confidence in the task in hand (I used an oak fencing stake and found it gave a very good indicator as to how much torque I dared apply to the studs before I tried it for real) :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool