The new AA Galahad

no avatar
Bosun

Re: The new AA Galahad

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Mmm! I know looks are down to personal taste, but it looks like AA have worked overtime with the ugly button. It looks very bitty, uncoordinated and way too curvy for my liking. Also, the woodwork looks a bit fragile to boot behind the pistol grip. The best bit is the adjustable butt pad. Why can't all quality rifles have them, even if only as an option? Sorry AA, but you're also a bit late with it.
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

if this is anywhere NEAR a grand it`ll be blown out the water (& sales) by the Compatto at waay below & the FX Impact at just over, OK, maybe £300 quid over but, look at the FX` features, if AA wants to compete, they really need to buck up their ideas! 1k is way to much for what is, for most of us, & I`d suggest all potential buyers of this gun, a pastime, professionals in the market for a grand`s worth of Bullpup, will look to the FX or Pulsar IMO!

now- I know the Impact is technically not a Bullpup, but, the trigger position, I suggest puts in direct competition with `Pups.
& blows every one of them out of the water IMO!
for any member who hasn`t seen the FX Impact & it`s frankly amazing features, here you go-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji0GfAY7bAA
Last edited by wastrel on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
mark holding

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Here's a short video on Air Arms new bull-pup from the shot show.

https://youtu.be/EsvFmgZLjqw

no avatar
Big Dog

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Got to admit that I own an FX Bobcat - and I love it. Great to handle, fits in my shoulder nicely, incredibly accurate and easy to move with in the field.

no avatar
Storm

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 pm

I must admit I don't like the look of it much, much better looking bullpups out there.
If I was to own one it would be an FX model.

I too am interested in the regulator in this gun and if it is available as a retro fit to a 510 model.

I personally think it is time Air Arms drew a line above the 400 design it was a great design but now somewhat dated.
They need a better hammer system with less air wastage and then not need a regulator in a sporting rifle ( Daystate Harper sling shot hammer)
Even BSA have improved there shot count dramatically with the SE models.
redesigning costs money but if FX can do it time and again.

I now own a 510 ultimate sporter ( as well as 2 springers and two gas ram rifles) and I love it, I have previously owed 5 Daystates, the only thing that lets it down is the shot count.

no avatar
Stoohundred

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:10 pm

I got to hold both versions of these while at the factory earlier this week, and I have to say it sits very nicely on the shoulder, feels very comfortable and light compared to my MPR, at first glance I didn't think much of it but when you hold one it seems to make sense, I'm converted, if I could afford one I would buy one as a hunting rifle.

The cocking mechanism is very nice to use and cleverly designed, it can not only be swapped to either side, but can also be swapped to face up or down so it would cock in a forward pushing action or a pulling action.

The cylinder tube on the full length version is longer than the HFT 500 tube (possibly the same length as the FAC tubes) so will give tons of shots and will benefit from a wider sweet spot in that range, if you don't choose the regulated option.

I could see people using these on the FT / HFT circuit just because of the pointabillity and how comfortable and well balanced they feel, however myself personally I would like it to have a slightly better barrel than the standard s400 barrel for the cost of it, that said there are people out there who do very well on the FT curcuit with a standard s400 so I imagine a regulated Galahad could achieve some good results in the right hands.

you may argue that it's just a tarted up s400/500, which is exactly what I thought at first, but the only parts that are the same is the firing valve mechanism and hammer/rail housing, while using the shrouded barrel system from the s500.

The breach block and the cowling are specific to the Galahad whilst using the same trigger setup as the s400, the trigger blade activates the Sears directly rather than just linking to another trigger blade inside the stock like some bullpup kits do , so the trigger felt almost exactly the same as any other s400 would, which in my opinion is a very good triggers and I assume that it would have the same adjustability as the s400 would so can be tuned to personal preference.

These qualities with the added option of a regulator and increased shot count as well as an excellent ergonomically designed stock make this a quality rifle. Despite the cost, I think these will sell, once you hold one you will get over the "gap".
AA MPR FT .177 8-40x60 Tasco Custom Shop (FT Setup)
S200 MK2 .177 Robert Lane Reg Hawke Airmax 3-12x50 SF FOR SALE