you may not wanna watch this- BSA R10

no avatar
wastrel

you may not wanna watch this- BSA R10

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:05 pm

being reared on an Airsporter back in the day, I`ve always had a soft spot for BSA`s, the R10 has been mentioned on here over the few years I`ve been a member, but, as an S200 brought me to the fold & the fact I really dislike bottle guns, the R10 just wouldn`t make my wish list, but this week on youtube, Giles tried one,- like `im or not, he has far more experience of far more rifles than, well, I`d stick my head up & say me for sure, & any member! unless any member wishes to put me straight!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQGfg5nSKE
50m groups! I think my LGU is exceptional grouping at 45m bench rested,- but 50m GROUPS under a UK sized coin!
I may consider buying an R10
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Geordie

Re: you may not wanna watch this- BSA R10

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:12 pm

wastrel wrote:being reared on an Airsporter back in the day, I`ve always had a soft spot for BSA`s, the R10 has been mentioned on here over the few years I`ve been a member, but, as an S200 brought me to the fold & the fact I really dislike bottle guns, the R10 just wouldn`t make my wish list, but this week on youtube, Giles tried one,- like `im or not, he has far more experience of far more rifles than, well, I`d stick my head up & say me for sure, & any member! unless any member wishes to put me straight!
50m groups! I think my LGU is exceptional grouping at 45m bench rested,- but 50m GROUPS under a UK sized coin!

Im about to buy my second one! ;) :mrgreen:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
granville

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:30 pm

i have one super gun but they got plenty of bad reports on the mk 1.
my one shoots great and on rats its the job .
trouble is i have others i always go to.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Nice rifle ....shame its a fugly buddy bottle :o

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Pat g

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 pm

wastrel wrote:being reared on an Airsporter back in the day, I`ve always had a soft spot for BSA`s, the R10 has been mentioned on here over the few years I`ve been a member, but, as an S200 brought me to the fold & the fact I really dislike bottle guns, the R10 just wouldn`t make my wish list, but this week on youtube, Giles tried one,- like `im or not, he has far more experience of far more rifles than, well, I`d stick my head up & say me for sure, & any member! unless any member wishes to put me straight!

Funny you mention the R10 Wastrel but when i was mooching in the gunshop yesterday two rifles stood out to me when i picked them up. The Daystate Huntsman Regal and the BSA R10 which i have always admired if i'm honest. I have no intention of buying another air rifle as i have my SFS 77k and my trusty S410 carbine and for the amount i use air rifles these days i've got it covered but if i ever had to replace my S410 what would i replace it with :? . I simply could'nt justify spending cash on another pcp though and at the end of the day An R10, a Daystate, HW100 or whatever won't do anymore than my S410 won't or indeed your S200 which are a great rifle i might add.
But i have always liked the R10 and i myself am not a fan of buddy bottled airguns but the R10 is understated on that front and is no where near the ugly thing that so many buddy bottled guns are. Yes i've read stories of problems but in truth is there any manufacturer out there these days whose products have'nt had issues. If you like what you see and can afford it then take a punt i say :D
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

Geordie

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Nice rifle ....shame its a fugly buddy bottle :o

BBF

Nah, you must be having bother with your eyes Ray! Its the best looking PCP on the market in my eyes :? :? :?
AA s410K .177

Katzenjammer

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 am

A lovely looking rifle. I'm not a great buddy bottle fan but this gun is the best looking of the buddy bottle brigade. Probably because it is more discreet than say Theoben or Daystate offerings. I match my old Birmingham built Scorpion rifle against any of the rivals. BSA went through a bad patch but any company worth its salt would recognise that and do something to try and improve it. I looked at the new Gold star on Saturday - a fine looking gun.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
wastrel

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

if members watched the video, (& for those who haven`t) it`s the ease with which he hits groups at 50m, filming on his moby & talking to the camera & hitting the tightest of groups- at 50 flippin metres is simply astonishing.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

james79

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:52 pm

wastrel wrote:if members watched the video, (& for those who haven`t) it`s the ease with which he hits groups at 50m, filming on his moby & talking to the camera & hitting the tightest of groups- at 50 flippin metres is simply astonishing.

To be honest I can believe that, mine sits so nicely in the shoulder and comes to bear so naturally it almost feels like cheating at times :o I find you hardly need to think in order to shoot accurately with it! In fact that's probably why I like it so much :cry: :cry: :oops:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

Geordie

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:58 pm

james79 wrote:
wastrel wrote:if members watched the video, (& for those who haven`t) it`s the ease with which he hits groups at 50m, filming on his moby & talking to the camera & hitting the tightest of groups- at 50 flippin metres is simply astonishing.

To be honest I can believe that, mine sits so nicely in the shoulder and comes to bear so naturally it almost feels like cheating at times :o I find you hardly need to think in order to shoot accurately with it! In fact that's probably why I like it so much :cry: :cry: :oops:

I share a very similar experience. For me it's the easiest of my rifles to shoot, and a beautifully crafted piece of kit! :D
AA s410K .177