Gamo Coyote or the new SMK?

Katzenjammer

Gamo Coyote or the new SMK?

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Called into the range and shop after our morning farm foray to have a natter with our mate Bob Dunkley. Got a good selection of stuff in at the moment including these two offerings. The SMK was only available in wood stock form but the Gamo had both the wood stock and the composite pistol grip models in. I have to say they were both better finished than I expected. No idea what they perform like nor have I read any reviews but I have to say some of these cheaper brands could end up rivalling the AA's and suchlike for sheer value.

He also had the new BSA Gold Star in - very nice I must say but pricey as are the Daystates and the Air Arms etc. I really don't know what I would replace my old Birmingham built BSA Scorpion rifle with if it gave up the ghost. Perhaps the S200 which I started my PCP career with.

An interesting range of pistols now too including Colt Peacemaker and Webley Service revolver lookalikes.

What was that Lee Enfield derived silenced gun in the gunroom Pat?
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Pat g

Re: Gamo Coyote or the new SMK?

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:Called into the range and shop after our morning farm foray to have a natter with our mate Bob Dunkley. Got a good selection of stuff in at the moment including these two offerings. The SMK was only available in wood stock form but the Gamo had both the wood stock and the composite pistol grip models in. I have to say they were both better finished than I expected. No idea what they perform like nor have I read any reviews but I have to say some of these cheaper brands could end up rivalling the AA's and suchlike for sheer value.

He also had the new BSA Gold Star in - very nice I must say but pricey as are the Daystates and the Air Arms etc. I really don't know what I would replace my old Birmingham built BSA Scorpion rifle with if it gave up the ghost. Perhaps the S200 which I started my PCP career with.

An interesting range of pistols now too including Colt Peacemaker and Webley Service revolver lookalikes.

What was that Lee Enfield derived silenced gun in the gunroom Pat?

What you saw today Steve was a very interesting piece of military history mate. The gun in question is what was known as a De Lyle carbine which were based on the Le Enfield (SMLE) action. Basically this gun was designed as an assassination weapon for use by Commandos. The gun was chambered in .45ACP and used sub sonic ammuntion. Invented for covert missions they dispatched many a German sentry.
The prototype weapon was originally built and chambered for 22lr. The second generation was chambered in 9mm but was woefully ineffective so this later saw the weapon chambered in 45 ACP.
I think there were only around 130 produced that saw active service so very very rare these days .
There was another silenced weapon of course that was extensively issued to Airmen during WW2 that being the Welrod pistol which was much more common than the De Lyle but obviously it had very limited range ;)
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

Katzenjammer

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Ah thanks Pat. I knew you would remember ;)

I'll do a thread in off topic as I think some will find it interesting and one or two may get over excited :lol:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
zippy

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Here, Steve, this is the rifle you are refining too, it is indeed chambered in 45,ACP, As, 45,ACP is easy to suppress with being a naturally sub-sonic Bullet.
Pat, was indeed correct.

See this rather good review of the rifle here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUALdGog4U
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:28 pm

zippy wrote:Here, Steve, this is the rifle you are refining too, it is indeed chambered in 45,ACP, As, 45,ACP is easy to suppress with being a naturally sub-sonic Bullet.
Pat, was indeed correct.

See this rather good review of the rifle here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUALdGog4U

I don't think Pat need your endorsement on being correct Zippy. He is after all a firearms certificate holder of more years than me and certainly you as a non holder and has greater experience of handling, shooting and reloading the real things in many forms and calibres than any other person I know bar perhaps Bob.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
zippy

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:
zippy wrote:Here, Steve, this is the rifle you are refining too, it is indeed chambered in 45,ACP, As, 45,ACP is easy to suppress with being a naturally sub-sonic Bullet.
Pat, was indeed correct.

I don't think Pat need your endorsement on being correct Zippy. He is after all a firearms certificate holder of more years than me and certainly you as a non holder and has greater experience of handling, shooting and reloading the real things in many forms and calibres than any other person I know bar perhaps Bob.

I never said he never, and was only showing you the rifle. keep you hair on chaps.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:38 pm

I don't wear a hairpiece Michael. Grass never grows on a busy street and I'm still busy ;)
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007