Shot string deviation.

no avatar
Longshot

Re: Shot string deviation.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 pm

32:1 wrote:
Longshot wrote:Had a rare day off today so set about the project , gun as received by a FTF deal looks good and well kept , Running hot though so stripped & adjusted firing pot to tap it down . once tapped to 55 it was way under so happy that all was well with ports & springs then fitted the reg . Now all i can say is 40 shots within 10 fps & some sort of flat line on the graph said it's working , cant qoute no's but now needs adjusting . Q is who has had to go down this path & what to do ? still waiting for a reply from Alteros

What fps are you getting, as 40 shots seems low. Is gun running hot ?

Fps on left of graph so 600 to 610 range with falcons so not hot & still looking for more shots

Tonight having received parts from Julian to cure a leak on the gauge ( which seems to have packed up now ) I did try adding a washer behind the firing valve spring thus increasing the pressure on the valve , bear in mind I am still low on air but got around 20 fps increase , having removed that back down to 600 ish .

Going to cut the hammer spring by a coil next I think as I am trying to work with STD parts , I feel the reg is working but air is wasted