warm up shots for TX200

no avatar
FPoole
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 am

warm up shots for TX200

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:16 am

Hadn't touched a gun in over 6 months until last week. I tried out 3 of my TX's which had set idle for the 6 months. All 3 required a warm up before hitting back on the old point of aim. Two needed one shot, but the other needed a few clicks of elevation. I was actually impressed by the lack of change after a long layoff. I actually changed the breech seal in the gun that needed some clicks, so that may account for the change. I did notice a marked amount of shaking in the scope reticles that wasn't there before. I guess the scopes need a little more warming up.

no avatar
zippy
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:29 pm

FPoole wrote:Hadn't touched a gun in over 6 months until last week. I tried out 3 of my TX's which had set idle for the 6 months. All 3 required a warm up before hitting back on the old point of aim. Two needed one shot, but the other needed a few clicks of elevation. I was actually impressed by the lack of change after a long layoff. I actually changed the breech seal in the gun that needed some clicks, so that may account for the change. I did notice a marked amount of shaking in the scope reticles that wasn't there before. I guess the scopes need a little more warming up.


I guess when you haven't shot a spring rifle in a wile you may need a little Practice too get you eye in... as they say, I love Both my Tx's, Do you still have 7,TX200's Poole or have you sold some for other rifles.

Keep shooting Poole It's so enjoyable after a hard day at work.... :D

Regards Mick... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

User avatar
rogers1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm just about in the same boat, I haven't been out in 3 months... Blinkin heck!

Not good.
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
FPoole
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 am

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:49 am

zippy wrote:
FPoole wrote:Hadn't touched a gun in over 6 months until last week. I tried out 3 of my TX's which had set idle for the 6 months. All 3 required a warm up before hitting back on the old point of aim. Two needed one shot, but the other needed a few clicks of elevation. I was actually impressed by the lack of change after a long layoff. I actually changed the breech seal in the gun that needed some clicks, so that may account for the change. I did notice a marked amount of shaking in the scope reticles that wasn't there before. I guess the scopes need a little more warming up.


I guess when you haven't shot a spring rifle in a wile you may need a little Practice too get you eye in... as they say, I love Both my Tx's, Do you still have 7,TX200's Poole or have you sold some for other rifles.

Keep shooting Poole It's so enjoyable after a hard day at work.... :D

Regards Mick... :D

Still have the 7, but I only have 3 scopes. I should let the SR go, but you just don't see MarkI's in near mint condition very often. I hate to put wear and tear on it and that's why I don't shoot it. I've got this one beater of a MarkIII that's really easy to get great accuracy and it sees the most use. It was a FT gun and the owner said it had well over 100,000 shots on it and I've put about that many on it myself. Other than a few scratches and dents, it is still in great shape with only spring and seal changes through the years. You just can't beat a TX200 if you keep the thing properly lubed.

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:05 am

Funny how I was watching the clip of your encounter with Davy the other night :) . The SR looks very nice, as well as the others :mrgreen:
What's the temperature like over there now?

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

no avatar
davyt63
Moderator
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:50 pm

rogers1 wrote:I'm just about in the same boat, I haven't been out in 3 months... Blinkin heck!

Not good.


you have been in a boat,for 3 months , lol
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
FPoole
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 am

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Funny how I was watching the clip of your encounter with Davy the other night :) . The SR looks very nice, as well as the others :mrgreen:
What's the temperature like over there now?

BBF

It was in the high 80's F today. I went out back just before dark and shot for a while until the mosquitos began to eat me alive. I have found that my main gun is very capable still, but I'm for sure a bit rusty. At 25 m, sitting FT style, I can pretty much hit a pellet hole or at least the edge of one. Now I can still do this, but I get a really bad shot every 4 or 5 shots. It's all about the hold with the springers.

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: warm up shots for TX200

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 am

It sounds like the new seal just needs a good bedding in. You may be a bit rusty, but its like riding a bike really :mrgreen: .

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests