scope fittment the facts

no avatar
zippy

scope fittment the facts

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi all... :D

Well, a teenager and his Dad asked me other day if I could kindly pop around and fit a scope too a newly purchased HW97KT, spring rifle.
I explained that wile I have been extremely busy at work and soon as possible I would be around ASP, too fit the scope onto the rifle, I told them to buy a one piece type mount high 30,mm for this application and a Quality Mount like sports-Match is my preferred choice and rightly so as the HW97KT is a lovely spring rifle indeed.
And they followed my recommendation although not so cheap mount as we all know you get what you pay for in regards to Quality and the rifle warrants a decent Mount.
cheap mounts can only lead to more accuracy problems or damage. Scopes have fell-off the rile or moved back on the rails and marked them due to cheap nasty mounts.

So, Humm... :| They say, patience is a virtue, The Dad and the youngster could not wait and attempted too fit the scope themselves although it is good that people try and have a go this is how we learn. However, only if we have the skills and know-how in the first place. Not only did they Tighten-up the Alan bolts far to tight luckily not crushing the the scope tube as this would as we know render the scope scrap, One thing we should all take note Here wile fitting any scope to any rifle, fit the mounts first onto the rails of the rifle Because the youngster and his dad pulled the scope back through the mounts to achieve the correct eye relief and scratched the scope tube (not nice) and this takes value from the scope should you want re-sell and up-grade to a better scope at a later date.

Anyway, I refitted the scope correctly and allowing the Dad and lad to enjoy some plinking, the scratches on the scope tube were touched in for now.

Here bellow is a scope fitment guide.

http://viriato.net/airgunning/bfta_setup_manual.pdf

and bellow

http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/hft-scope-setup-guide/
Last edited by zippy on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
wastrel

Re: scope fittment the facts