BAR.

no avatar
zippy

BAR.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:56 am

Last week end I had a trip to Blackpool had a great time doing the usual seaside activity's along with Ice cream, Beer, fish & Chips ect.
Great show's, entertainment not changed much since I was a lad... :lol: I love going on Cruses too far away exsotic places,,, but Blackpool is my Childhood memories.

Wile there I just had to drop into Blackpool Air Rifles, what a great bunch of lads, what a Laugh, great sense of humor.

Unsure if you have noticed in most gun shops you seem to have the shop owner looking over you shoulder or very nervous wile you shoulder or try out any rifles from the rack even though they are set-up like that for that purpose.

The lads in BAR they don't bother you they let you look and touch and try, shoulder any rifle in the shop nothing is a bother to them.
We chatted for hours about all air- gun related topics, Great bunch of lads and came away considerably more knowledgeable.

Good day.... :D
Last edited by zippy on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Dan

Re: BAR.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:12 am

It's good to hear story's like this . I used a shop in London when I lived there. I would actually avoiding going there if I could because I always felt they was taking the mick or putting people down . I joined the forum and someone advised me to use international fire arms in woodford bridge ,I couldn't believe the difference, helpful , always friendly, cheaper , and would do stuff for free 8-) only little bits and pieces but it makes you feel special and it keeps you going back . I've now moved and unfortunately don't get down London enough you use international fire arms ,but the lads at the county store are also fantastic .
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
zippy

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 am

Dan wrote:It's good to hear story's like this . I used a shop in London when I lived there. I would actually avoiding going there if I could because I always felt they was taking the mick or putting people down . I joined the forum and someone advised me to use international fire arms in woodford bridge ,I couldn't believe the difference, helpful , always friendly, cheaper , and would do stuff for free 8-) only little bits and pieces but it makes you feel special and it keeps you going back . I've now moved and unfortunately don't get down London enough you use international fire arms ,but the lads at the county store are also fantastic .

Agreed mate,,, The country gun shops seem more friendly, my local puts the kettle on for a bru for customers nice gesture, ((City life eh!, not for me!,,, London... :(
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

no avatar
Brooksy

Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:55 pm

My first visit to BAR to buy an HW97KT found me listening to a conversation between Mick of BAR and a rather stylish gent in a shell suit.
' If I come in each week and pay a tenner of me dole, when it's all paid can I have that gun'?
' No.'
'Why not'?
'Because you just told me you have a firearms conviction for shooting lampposts.'
'So, if I pay it and my mate picks it up'?
' No.'
'Why not'?
'Are you thick? You've just told me how you're going to break the law.'

Next visit, the owner, Lloyd comes in with several bacon and egg butties for the staff, he says 'Standing there in the cafe waiting for these and some ponse walks in and asks if they know exactly where their chicken is sourced, 'Yes mate' says the owner, bloody ASDA.''
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Friar Tuck

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
Pat g

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:39 pm

zippy wrote:
Dan wrote:It's good to hear story's like this . I used a shop in London when I lived there. I would actually avoiding going there if I could because I always felt they was taking the mick or putting people down . I joined the forum and someone advised me to use international fire arms in woodford bridge ,I couldn't believe the difference, helpful , always friendly, cheaper , and would do stuff for free 8-) only little bits and pieces but it makes you feel special and it keeps you going back . I've now moved and unfortunately don't get down London enough you use international fire arms ,but the lads at the county store are also fantastic .

Agreed mate,,, The country gun shops seem more friendly, my local puts the kettle on for a bru for customers nice gesture, ((City life eh!, not for me!,,, London... :(

And where may your local gunshop be Zippy coz it aint Bradfords coz you don't get a cuppa from Peter :lol: I've known him since 1983 and frequent the shop like many others and spend quite a bit on cartridges and many guns in the past :) And it certainly aint Bob's coz although there are tea and coffee facilities available he sure as aint gonna go and make you one!!!! :lol:
So come on Michael where is this shop coz Steve and i want a cuppa ;)
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
zippy

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Pat g wrote:
zippy wrote:

And where may your local gunshop be Zippy coz it aint Bradfords coz you don't get a cuppa from Peter :lol: I've known him since 1983 and frequent the shop like many others and spend quite a bit on cartridges and many guns in the past :) And it certainly aint Bob's coz although there are tea and coffee facilities available he sure as aint gonna go and make you one!!!! :lol:
So come on Michael where is this shop coz Steve and i want a cuppa ;)

I make you a cuppa anytime Pat... 50p to you... ;)
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

no avatar
Pat g

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Agreed mate,,, The country gun shops seem more friendly, my local puts the kettle on for a bru for customers nice gesture, ((City life eh!, not for me!,,, London... :([/quote]
So come on Michael where is this shop coz Steve and i want a cuppa ;)[/quote]

I make you a cuppa anytime Pat... 50p to you... ;)[/quote]
I'm sure you would Mick but i'd still like to know where you get a cuppa matey. Wheres your local shop. i'll have probably been in but would love to know!!! ;)
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

darran77

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

I call into BAR every time we go across the border to Blackpool and although i have never had a cuppa or even asked for one (that might be the problem) ,
i normally leave well satisfied with the banter and good advice from the lad's and Lloyd,
and on several occasions have also left with the wallet lighter and either a new gun or dragging a bag full of pellets amongst other sundrys back to the car.
But trying to get a brew out of the guys at Redbeck, ha more chance of me getting the local council to let me shoot the squrrels at the grave yard, and that's less than zero.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
zippy

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Pat g wrote:Agreed mate,,, The country gun shops seem more friendly, my local puts the kettle on for a bru for customers nice gesture, ((City life eh!, not for me!,,, London... :(

So come on Michael where is this shop coz Steve and i want a cuppa ;)[/quote]

I make you a cuppa anytime Pat... 50p to you... ;)[/quote]
I'm sure you would Mick but i'd still like to know where you get a cuppa matey. Wheres your local shop. i'll have probably been in but would love to know!!! ;)[/quote]

They would't make you a cuppa Pat because your not as good looking as me and have my charm.... :D
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto