Bought one

no avatar
hktc

Bought one

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi all
Been studying/looking/googling.....but I have done it.....jumped right in!!
Finaly bought a AA S400 carbine, comes with Rowan multi-shot, off a lovely fella on AAOC
Should be here by Thursday. Excited!!
What else do I need......Something to get the air into the chamber?? Hand pump or diving bottle? Thinking of hand pump
Its coming with pellets and a scope. Sorted out where I am getting some targets etc (ebay).
Just making a Rifle 'table' for a bit of target practice in the garden, measured it out and have about 17 yards, big enough for practice??
Without going completely overboard, what else can you think of??
Cant wait!!

Terry
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

no avatar
oedbachgen

Re: Bought one

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:59 pm

hktc wrote:Hi all
Finaly bought a AA S400 carbine, comes with Rowan multi-shot, off a lovely fella on AAOC
What else do I need......Something to get the air into the chamber?? Hand pump or diving bottle? Thinking of hand pump
Its coming with pellets and a scope. Sorted out where I am getting some targets etc (ebay).
Just making a Rifle 'table' for a bit of target practice in the garden, measured it out and have about 17 yards, big enough for practice??
Cant wait!!

Terry

Hi Terry

I'd go with a dive bot myself, unless your built like Charles Atlas :D , or join a gun club and learn from its members on how to look after it, and if its like mine, they will a dive bot there, you got to keep the pressure gauge around the 100 bar to around the 190 bar, if it drops to low you can have trouble filling it and the hand pump no good for this, to high and it could blow up, next it all depends on what your going to use it for, target shooting or hunting.

Dave

no avatar
hktc

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Dave
Target to start with. Got some friends who want me to go lamping / vermin shooting, but taking my time. Yea going to join a fairly local club see what goes on there.
Not built like Charles Atlas at all, so will look around for a bottle!!

Terry
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

no avatar
Brooksy

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Terry, what calibre is it? Not that it makes much difference for hunting but it will dictate your aim points at varying distances.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:32 pm

oedbachgen wrote:
hktc wrote:Hi all
Cant wait!!

Terry

Hi Terry

I'd go with a dive bot myself, unless your built like Charles Atlas :D , or join a gun club and learn from its members on how to look after it, and if its like mine, they will a dive bot there, you got to keep the pressure gauge around the 100 bar to around the 190 bar, if it drops to low you can have trouble filling it and the hand pump no good for this, to high and it could blow up, next it all depends on what your going to use it for, target shooting or hunting.

Dave

As a rule they generally dump the air around the 50 bar mark but this does vary slightly..fill too 180 bar usually above that is a waste of air you will need too run it over a cronograph too find out which fill pressure suits your rifle best.
A dive bottle is a lot easier but dont rule out a hand pump .do not trust the gauge on the rifle they can be a little out(which is another reason too stay well below the 200 bar fill preasure)

Brian
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
hktc

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Sorry Brooksy should have gone in the first post.......its 177

Terry
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

Blackbaronfish

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:04 am

Happy days. At your maximum distance it will fit in nicely with your second zero 8-) .
I would opt for a 7 ltr bottle as its a nice size to be portable.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
hktc

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:42 am

Hi BBF
Was wondering about that, the size, at least I now know what to look for. tks mate
TC
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

no avatar
Friar Tuck

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:29 am

Hi TC and welcome to the AAOC, you'll find loads of useful info on here.
Congrats on your choice of gun - cracking rifle and one you're likely to keep for a long time!
One word of warning, the barrel is vey prone to getting knocked and moving, so, especially as it is coming by courier, the very first thing to do when you get it is to slacken the two little grub screws on the figure-of-eight barrel clamp and let it relax, tighten them back up again and you're good to go. If you ever find your POI has moved, repeat this - only takes a minute.
If you've got a dive shop nearby, don't rule out the 3 litre bottle - much more portable.

Big thing is practice and enjoy!

ATB
Ian

Blackbaronfish

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 am

For me its £4 per 3ltr fill or £4 per 7ltr fill :o :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started