New TX 200 HC

Dan

Re: New TX 200 HC

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike . Where abouts are you geographically?
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
GrandadG

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Really sorry for you Mick, you must be having an awful time and i just can't imagine how you must be feeling.
I do hope that there is someone close by that can give you a big hug now and then.
All the best mate :)
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
BunnyBasher

Wed May 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Mick G wrote:Here I am again! I have a Tinbum tuningkit for the TX but the gun is so nice I can't see the point of messing with it ? I don't understand how you can swap the heavy metal top hat for a Delrin one ? Anyway, to change the subject a bit, I want to say how great the nurses and doctors were in Hereford A&E and clinical Assessment departments . So good. One nurse was called Amanda. Who remembers Waylon Jennings singing a song of that name? I shot a Hobby pellet and an AA field at very close range at a Gun Mart and Sporting Shooter this morning. ( Sad , isn't it?) The AA Field nearly came through and the Hobby stopped about half way. Wouldn't like to be the rat that stopped a Hobby! Incidentally, these days, I only shoot up to 22 yards. I've found , in the past that Hobbys are very accurate up to that range but go off after that. Aren't those Crows sharp old things? Blimey, their eyesight is something else. Next spring, I might make a hide or better still , get a small shed with a nice chair! That would be good, little gas stove and tea making kit!
I'mgoing to the Builth Wells gun shop later on to get a sachet of VP 90 for the gun cabinet then a pint at the Trout at Beaulah. Good pub if you are ever down this way. Sorry to go on, hope it's OK to write like this? Mick.

So Mick where are you from? If you don't mind me asking? I see you mention Builth I often pass through these areas hundred house etc on my motorbike.

no avatar
zippy

Mon May 16, 2016 7:18 pm

The tx200hc is a rifle that will last a lifetime I own 2 of them and adore them and would never part with them.
So sorry to hear about your loss of your dear wife mate my deepest condolences to you.

I now many people have their opinions of the best pellet for their tx200 and of course every barrel is different even on the same make of rifle. However, I can't stress enough that the ultimate accuracy in pellet for the tx200 has to be JSB EXACT EXPRESS 7.87 grains light weight but don't me fooled these are the long range kings. The AIR ARMS EXPRESS pellets blue tin are just as good same weight at
7.87 grain. Just to save time in pellet testing please try these pellets you will not be disappointed I have hit Drawing pins and poster pins at 50, yards with these pellets. and at silly long ranges at the club at 90, yards inch size targets at low wind are indeed doable.

Enjoy your lovely new rifle... just a note the Tx200 are known for getting a little twangy after about 1,500 pellets due to the dreadful factory grease breaking down into a liquid sludge and getting into the front parts of the rifle were you don't want it to get burnt. just simply re-lube with Bisley gun grease here... http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103783-bisley ... zochPkrLIU

Just give the front parts of the rifle a lick of grease and a good amount on the spring and guide if your rifle still has a buzz just put more grease on the spring.
Job done.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto