S400 firing cycle tuning ?

no avatar
nikharr

S400 firing cycle tuning ?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi all,
I am after some advice and views based on your experiences.
I have just fitted a new modified S200 barrel to my S400 which worked out lovely.
The next stage I want to do is to tune the firing cycle to try to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of movement when firing.
I assume this movement is caused by the inertia in the hammer.
My line of thought was to reduce the piston weight to reduce the movement due to inertia.
Then tune the firing valve to give legal power and consistency.
I would prefere to acheive this without fitting a regulator.
Is this possible or just a receipt for problems.

Many thanks, Nik.

no avatar
32:1

Re: S400 firing cycle tuning ?

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 am

I have tinkered with this and its a juggling act and time consuming as Im no expert, I found removing the port adjuster gave me the options of lighter weights and quicker valveing. I found a lighter hammer helps a lot, along with a shorter - stiffer spring, on my 510 I also put more preload on the valve (1turn). From my meager efforts with 3 AA's I found the one fitted with the lane reg was easier to tune, I think due to the same pressure on valve all the time, this gives far better consistancy and shot count

That said I dont know much, only my findings and theres some great tuners out there, I got good info from Rob Lane.And its just trial and error as all 3 of mine responded differently to the same exact mods !

Good luck

Chris
If it aint broke, fix it till it is