Hi from NEWBIE!

no avatar
mason63

Hi from NEWBIE!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Hello all , i`ve just purchased my first gun of any type , after reading reviews over a few weeks i went for a AA S510 with hawke sight and weihrauch silencer. I have just emailed an application to a air gun club and I have permission to shoot on farmland that i live next to so all is coming into place. Being a total novice is there any advice to put forward by forum members? No matter how trivial you may think it is i`ll value it. Also i have a 12 litre bottle to put through to test for refilling, this seems the preferred method refills. Thanks in advance Mason

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Hi from NEWBIE!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:06 pm

hello and welcome mason......advice.... practise, practise, practise before you hunt live quarry.

brian
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 am

Keep your farmer sweet. A bottle of whisky and flowers once a year does it. You could also be his eyes and ears.
Keep away from main roads parading with you wares.
Keep safety as number one priority.
Enjoy your sport.
Welcome to the AAOC :mrgreen:
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Aitch

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 am

eboswan wrote:hello and welcome mason......advice.... practise, practise, practise before you hunt live quarry.

brian

Welcome, and as Brian says practice, then practice some more. Try different pellets to find which one suits your gun best, as some will perform better in your gun than others, plus it's also fun finding which to use.
Regards
Ian

no avatar
Outandabout

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:35 am

Hello and welcome to th AAOC. You have came to the right place for advice, there are loads of people who can help you out on here.
It may seem condesending but safety is paramount. Guns are dangerous and not to be taken for granted. Use it safely, we see to many dxxk heads and air rifles putting the air gin shooters in a bad light.
As others have said Practice Practice Practice and even more Practice before you try live quarry. Be very confident of hitting the middle of all your tarkets before attempting live quarry.
Maybe if you are so new to guns somebody local can be your mentor if you so desire. ??
Learn what is the max power to fill your gun up to and how far down to allow the power to drop before refilling. Small steps gets you there in the

Happy shooting
Kevin

no avatar
mason63

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, all info will be taken on board. I won`t be shooting anything but targets until I`m confident. I will be joining a club soon too. What do you think of the chosen rifle for a first purchase? cheers Mason

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 pm

mason63 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, all info will be taken on board. I won`t be shooting anything but targets until I`m confident. I will be joining a club soon too. What do you think of the chosen rifle for a first purchase? cheers Mason

nice rifle....I`m not keen on the side lever but each too they`re own
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
zippy

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Welcome, young sky-walker.... and let the force be with you..... alway's... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
granville

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:47 pm

welcome .
get to know your range and mil dot hold over and under .
pratice is the way more the better .
find the best pellet that gives the tightest patten .
enjoy your shooting . :)

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:11 pm

listen up Mason, ignore that lot above, I was shooting back in the 70/80s & know a thing or two,
ahem,
what you want my friend is to replace that air chamber with the biggest meatiest spring you can get your hands on, a motorcycle shock`ll do the trick, trust me, then the heaviest pellets you can lay your hands on, forget chronographing or any of that old twaddle, if it`ll punch a hole in a car door (that neighbour you don`t like, his lexus`ll suffice for practice) it`ll kill a rabbit no problem!
lettuce all know (from your cell) how you got on ;) :lol:
seriously, welcome along mate, ask away, loads of members on here all willing to help with any airgun subject.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member