Ignoring the rules or the law - an airgunner thing??

Katzenjammer

Ignoring the rules or the law - an airgunner thing??

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 am

This seems to be the way of airgunners :x :x :x

Went up the range this week and found the range distance markers ((10, 20, 30 yds etc) had been peppered with shots despite prominent signs not to shoot them. I have never seen any such damage or ignoring of the firearm and shotgun rules and laws at live ranges or in the field.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Sake-san

Re: Ignoring the rules or the law - an airgunner thing??

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Well, if you were to analyse the basic demographic / societal profile of air gun owners in the UK you would be perhaps (but, I rather doubt it!) surprised that there are not more noted /reported issues. You only have to wander over to other air gun orientated sites to rather swiftly appraise the intellect, education and attitudes which prevail. You can purchase them with ease, there are no compulsory training requirements for safety, regulations, etiquette etc. No requirement to have anywhere safe and appropriate to either utilise or store them.....
And we are surprised that pond life **** around with them!
I sincerely hope that the regulations will change, so that I may enjoy the sport for the long term and that an armed policeman doesn't shoot dead an airgun wielding scrote (which in our troubled times is merely a question of when and not if) who is behaving with stupidity.

And just for clarity I am more concerned for the policeman than the no doubt, distraught and grieving relatives!
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:This seems to be the way of airgunners :x :x :x

Went up the range this week and found the range distance markers ((10, 20, 30 yds etc) had been peppered with shots despite prominent signs not to shoot them. I have never seen any such damage or ignoring of the firearm and shotgun rules and laws at live ranges or in the field.

the answer is no, it's not an air gunner thing. i was driving down the M5 motorway at a constant 70MPH several cars came past me, i doubt very much many of them were air gunners. its all walks of life.

no avatar
granville

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm

i see so many road signs peppered by shot guns :shock:

no avatar
Phil B

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:59 pm

We had exactly the same problem on our woodland course down here in sunny - sorry, very wet - Cornwall. We only have club members and no 'turn up and shoot' people so we knew it had to be a club member(s). We had our suspicions but could not prove it but some stern threats on our club website (Kev's wonderful when he's cross) eventually brought it to an end. I often wonder, looking at various air gun forums just how many are responsible shooters and how many are the idiots that society dreads. And without re-kindling any debate about giving the antis more power, most of our rifles look like what the general public would describe in a 999 call as a 'sniper's rifle' with it's huge chuck of optics on top so it doesn't take a lot to kindle a misunderstanding.

Keep shooting - safely!!

Raj

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:31 pm

granville wrote:i see so many road signs peppered by shot guns :shock:

It always tickled me to see three consecutive speed cameras on the A45 between Rugby and Coventry vandalized. I reckon it cost someone their license in one fell swoop so it is no laughing matter but two of these cameras were shotgunned and one was presented with a rubber garland (burnt tire). I am not condoning illegal or yobbish behavior ... just describing what I saw for months on end driving up and down that road.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
robertt

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 am

Gary. Have you checked your speedo. Shockingly my qashqai is 10 % out so 70 is 63!!.
A friends Toyota is.the same.

raygun

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 am

Those using a mobile phone whilst driving can't all be airgunners :lol:

I have to admit to shooting a fence post a few times but I did have an excuse. We were doing a BASC Young Shots day and a couple of rabbits had wondered near a target. I shot the fence post to make a noise and scare them away rather than run down and shoo them away.
I know, when you want the rabbits in range it's the last place they want to be :roll:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 pm

robertt wrote:Gary. Have you checked your speedo. Shockingly my qashqai is 10 % out so 70 is 63!!.

no, it;s unfortunate but i dont have access to a calibrated set of timing lights, and qualified personnel to operate them.
Gary.

no avatar
GrandadG

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 pm

gary martin wrote:
robertt wrote:Gary. Have you checked your speedo. Shockingly my qashqai is 10 % out so 70 is 63!!.

no, it;s unfortunate but i dont have access to a calibrated set of timing lights, and qualified personnel to operate them.
Gary.

According to my Satnav, my speedo is also 10% out :(
Which do you trust when facing speed camera's :?
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg