Tx200hc short stroke kit

no avatar
T 20

Re: Tx200hc short stroke kit

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Nick G wrote:The bear trap will not operate at that stroke mick, at 78 mm they just catch on the last notch but are a bit of a pain to operate, 80mm best if you still want to keep the beartrap.

Cheers Nick

So if you take 3.8mm off the inside of the cylinder end plug you end up with an 80mm stroke and a transfer port with a similar length to a HW77 and an operational anti beartrap. :D

All the best Mick

rogers1

Re: Tx200hc short stroke kit

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I short stroked my MkIII TX, in .177, by fitting an ISP extended latch rod.
I got it for £10 from a guy who had it fitted to his gun but decided to go the whole hog with the full piston nose extension etc

My gun has always been a very good, consistent tool, but it always took a fair bit of consistent input from me to achieve these good results.
The gun was hold sensitive and didn't like to be rested on anything but me.

But since fitting the longer latch rod....

Wow, the gun is just not hold sensitive any more, It can be shot off sticks, cushions, anything with the same unnerving accuracy.

I remapped my scope and did a full holdover chart, taking lots of time doing this.
It's plotted out to 65 metres and in calm conditions I have absolutely no qualms about taking rabbits up to this range, when used in conjunction with my laser range finder.
The gun is so bloody consistent, it's just maths to hit on the money at longer ranges.

I have been (bench) shooting it at 87 metres, but wouldn't take quarry at this range as the groups are a little wide.

Duncan
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....