New Airgun range in the North East/ North East clubs

no avatar
Falconhoof

Re: New Airgun range in the North East/ North East clubs

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:20 pm

I was talking with someone about this just at the weekend. I'm a regular at Woodview and like the place but I'll be trying out this new shooting ground. I've been told the owners might be considering some type of hft? In my opinion a permanent practice course similar to Emley Moors set up would be fantastic, not to mention be good for business.

no avatar
zippy

Re: New Airgun range in the North East

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:Yes Zippy the facilities look good don't they, especially the lure of an open fire in winter and a breakfast. It's worth having a rundown to Keith's at Saltburn as well tbh. That is an interesting shop, I call it an emporium, with fishing, airgunning and shotgunning on three floors. Open fires and leather chesterfield sofas and usually a discount at the cash register on the ticketed price of all goods. An excellent way to lure customers in and a good word of mouth marketing ploy? They will still be making a good profit. For example my Le Chameau wellies were up at £160 but they knocked £40 off! And you know how much I saved on the new Baikal o/u?

The £30 mentioned on the Oaklodge site is for shotgunners but I can't imagine them charging more for the airgunners. They may charge a range fee but that is not clear yet. The clay side will charge a fee for using the facilities to shoot a certain number of "birds" each visit so a nominal charge may be made per visit to airgunners? I agree that £7 is too much at Woodview on a regular basis but that is a visitors fee you know? If you join the club and pay whatever the yearly membership is now (discounted to £45 if you buy from the shop there) then the daily fee is only £3. I was a member at Thorndell for many years. It would be good to see them find a new home to continue an affiliated HFT/FT club in the NE.

So what do we have up here in the NE now?

Swarland
Dinnington
Mayfair at Sunderland?
Woodview at Elwick
Middlesbrough nr skippers lane
Darlington?
Oak lodge coming on line.

Any more?

The more clubs the better I say, I was a member of Woodview, however, the following year's membership I was away on a tour of Austria and working, so left it a little late,,, I will join next year.

The above club and the thought of the open fire a hearty Breakfast, and a little bash at the clay's would be great.
Normally, on the week end, I'm up at 5am and down the farm's on my permission, then I drop into Woodview to have a chin wag with the lads, and of course target shooting/plinking it's good practice, and great fun... :D

Thank you, Regards Mick... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Zippy you can join at any time through the year. and if you join later in the year they reduce the membership fee. the thing about money in before end of Jan or whenever is rubbish..
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Katzenjammer

Re: New Airgun range in the North East -update

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 pm

May be open Mid September, annual membership not known nor range fee. Have heard of some places charging hourly!
Mentioned 100 meter range twice. For me this is not an effective or sensible range for most airguns or users as we know! I think it encourages chancy or dangerous airgun practice. We shall see! Had a lot of enquiries he says which I can understand given the dearth of facilities in the North. Woodview will still be my preferred venue.

edit - A potential business opportunity for anyone just this side of the border with Scotland with a bit of suitable land and vision?
Last edited by Katzenjammer on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
colinE

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 pm

there is a new indoor range in washington but at £5 a hour I know I wont be going
Iam lucky and have 50 yrd in the back garden and three perms to shoot over maybe I should open my back garden as a range :lol: I cant imagine my neighbours being very happy

no avatar
wezdavo

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 am

colinE wrote:there is a new indoor range in washington but at £5 a hour I know I wont be going
Iam lucky and have 50 yrd in the back garden and three perms to shoot over maybe I should open my back garden as a range :lol: I cant imagine my neighbours being very happy

I work right next to that hideous thing!!

It must be 15 yards long!!!

no avatar
Falconhoof

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:07 pm

The indoor range at Washington is only a 10metre one unfortunately

no avatar
Monty47

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

There's also teesvalleytargetsports OpenIng a indoor range in middlesbrough, its work in progress but coming on well, if your interested visit the website and contact them by email, I was invited down for a look and its going to be a cracker, air rifle, archery and the bullet stuff, one off annual fee and nothing to pay when you go

http://teesvalleytargetsports.doomby.co ... oject.html

no avatar
richierich

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:13 am

Has there been any news on Oak Lodge? Keen to give it a try but there's nothing about it on their website or their FB page
Brocock Compatto Sniper HR .177 [MTC Mamba Lite 4-16x44]

Katzenjammer

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:08 am

Give them a ring? That's probably the best way to get any update?
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007