Weihrauch

no avatar
trigger

Weihrauch

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 pm

I'm going to get slated here but should I buy the hw 97 or the tx 200 I'm new to this sport so I'm looking for a bit of advice please don't crucify me for mentioning the German word "...trigger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Weihrauch

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm

you wont get slated mate :D we are really friendly" AIR ARMS" owners ;)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

james79

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Triggers not a German word :mrgreen:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
trigger

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 pm

I meant weihrauch. Not trigger. My name is trigger "... The question was am I going to get slated for saying weihrauch.

Timmytree

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01 pm

You won't get slated, just bear in mind the reports that Weihrauch are going to outsource the manufacture of some models to China. That may help you decide.

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:10 pm

^^^^ Unless your buying second hand then you'll probably get a proper German one.. ;) ;)

I've got the HW97 and it's a very good rifle but it's also a fairly heavy one so mine doesn't get shot very often. Never taken it out hunting. It just gets used for a bit of plinking in the garden every now and then. Get one with a V-mach kit in and your sorted. Never shot a TX so can't help you on that front matey.

no avatar
zippy

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:13 pm

trigger wrote:I'm going to get slated here but should I buy the hw 97 or the tx 200 I'm new to this sport so I'm looking for a bit of advice please don't crucify me for mentioning the German word "...trigger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I own both the 97KT and the tx200hc

TX200.

If you want a rifle that is easy to strip down and maintain and service in about 30, mins, along with I would say, a match Lothar Walther Barrel.
Walnut stock and one of the best triggers on any air rifle on the market, and the piston ect, run on Delrin bearings, this makes butter smooth action.

Then Buy the TX200HC, They have been know to have achieved 30,000 to 40,000 shots with just normal general servicing.
Everyone always removes the factory grease from the internals, and re-lube with decent molly,,,, then you have a spring rifle which will be PCP accuracy.
Superb accuracy.

97K.

The 97K is a work horse, and Built like a Tank, although, not as refined as the TX200, the trigger is better on the TX200
The 97k is much better and easier loading this makes the 97k very enjoyable to shoot.
The 97k is very addictive to shoot, it keeps you so interested and shooting skills sharp... :D

The strip-down and servicing is more difficult and some what nerving, as you have use a hammer to punch out pins to take the rifle apart for servicing.
The 97k responds better to a tune, Though still very accurate.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
wastrel

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:41 pm

I REALLY need the couch hide thingy for this (admin please take note!) but the LGU is a match to both according to reviewers & a lot cheaper than them too!
now, before I go on, can I point the OP toward the sheer amount of TX fettling posts on here, some work, some, well lets just say- need more work!
the TX has been around a long time for good reason I accept, but you`d think there`d be an A-B-C to sorting them by now, by either AA or tuners or tool talented customers, but certain things seem to work for some, but not others (both rifles & owners)
I`ve seen the LGU trigger unit described as better than the TX out of the box and slightly lacking, in a straight comparison by others! so no cigar to Walther there either.
I suppose try before you buy is quite simply- the answer.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Sake-san

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:33 pm

wastrel wrote:I REALLY need the couch hide thingy for this (admin please take note!) but the LGU is a match to both according to reviewers & a lot cheaper than them too!
now, before I go on, can I point the OP toward the sheer amount of TX fettling posts on here, some work, some, well lets just say- need more work!
the TX has been around a long time for good reason I accept, but you`d think there`d be an A-B-C to sorting them by now, by either AA or tuners or tool talented customers, but certain things seem to work for some, but not others (both rifles & owners)
I`ve seen the LGU trigger unit described as better than the TX out of the box and slightly lacking, in a straight comparison by others! so no cigar to Walther there either.
I suppose try before you buy is quite simply- the answer.

Must confess if I was starting the journey again I would be giving the Walther a very serious consideration. Also needs some tuning for serious target work but, then so do all the others.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

roadrunner

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:50 pm

You can have the finest rifle tuned by the finest gunsmith and in 177 it will still be useless when its windy, and dont say "its not allways windy" becouse it has been this year,
My prosport with its welsh willy kit is no more accurate than when it was standard, i fitted the kit to try and stop it going twangy every 6 months which it still does BTW