prosport and tx rested?

james79

prosport and tx rested?

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Seriously considering swapping my PCP (r10 I'm afraid) for either of the above. Unfortunately due to my kernackereded spine shooting them unrested isn't an option :x I'm guessing with them being springers a bipod is out of the question but is the use of sticks viable. Since getting the hmr the r10 struggles to justify the associated kit (refills etc) plus I miss the challenge of my old airsporter hence the urge for some retail therapy 8-)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

Timmytree

Re: prosport and tx rested?

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 pm

James, I always use my PS rested! It's a heavy rifle, not the best for standers but is fantastic off padded sticks as long as you always replicate the same position on the front end of the stock. It will also work off a bench, wall or gate with my hand as the rest. Accuracy is down to you doing your bit properly.
The PS isn't the easiest to cock, the full length TX is probably easiest, followed by the HC. The TX ABT takes more to get used to and can be noisy whereas the PS ABT is silent and unobtrusive. They're both lovely rifles, TX may be slightly easier to get the best from it but the PS has the looks of a classic sporting rifle, arguably the prettiest looking air rifle out there. Try both before you buy though if possible.

no avatar
zippy

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:27 am

The prosport is easier to load as the anti Bear trap is automatic, this is done by the mechanism on the cocking lever and therefore is welcomed by most shooters.
The prosport is the Best looking rifle out there the checkering is stunning and the lines are clean, as said it looks just like a very expensive hunting rifle.

The down side of the prosport is the alloy cocking lever as this has after considerable use to become slack and have side to side play and needs a little adjustment to stop it (falling down wile shooting, however this is easy to fix)

The TX200 the tx200hc is the best model the HC is the lightest in weight of all the AA springers even the prosport. the HC is the shortest rifle in the line up.
You can if desired fit an after market moderator to the TXHC with an adapter, this makes the TX200HC more versatile.

The clocking arm is steel on the tx200 models, and it has been know for theses rifles to produce 30,000 shots with nothing more than normal servicing.
The only thing is on the TX200 models is loading can be fiddly and annoying at first but you do get used to it.

Anyone, buying a new tx200 or prosport must be expected to strip it down at some point to remove the dreaded grease stuffed into these rifles from the AA factory.
This grease spoils the rifle and causes all sorts of problem's.
Last edited by zippy on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

james79

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks for the advice chap's, its kind of swinging me towards the tx hc and it just so happens the local RFD has a second hand one in stock. As far as the need to strip it down goes if anything that makes me even more tempted as a bit of an excuse to tinker about is always nice :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
DESERT FOX

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:13 am

See if you can try both the Pro and TX first.
They both balance differently,the TX is front heavy,while the Pros weight is more to the rear.
Depending on your preference for balance,make you choice from there