Reflections on the meet.

Gnome of the Woods

Reflections on the meet.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:07 am

Firstly, thank you to everyone involved in making it happen. Owner's, Admin, Mods, member's, member's dogs ect ect!
We arrived late Friday afternoon to what is a lovely location. We were warmly greeted by Ray, Ryan & Davy.
Pitched our tent and and tried some plinking in the moderate to strong cross wind which was almost ever present.
Popped into the town for provisions, then settled around the camp fire with the other guys, Slinger, Chris Allum, Dave, Bingo ect we were joined by the site owner and his good lady wife. Apparently no one eats olives in the Midlands or chorizo but we did manage to share our nuts with everyone.
Stoked the fire, drank beer then went to bed at a very respectable 11.30!
Woke on Saturday morning and adjourned to the Travelodge so Debbie could freshen up and have breakfast at the harvester next door.
Suitably refreshed we returned to find Mr & Mrs Todd, Raj closely followed by Mr & Mrs Bond plus quite a few more members on the range.
The rest of the day was spent plinking indispersed with games of eye spy much to Iced Tigers amusement.
More supplies were procured for the bbq which took place in the covered range, thanks to K Diddy for the use of the frying pan .
We then had some fun with the electronic targets in the dark before retiring to the camp fire again for refreshment of the liquid variety.
Again we retired at a very respectable 12 o'clock leaving Raj to get his hangover!
Woke at 9 and did some more plinking ( most I have ever done!) Warmly welcomed the breakfast man and had a great fry up.
Took part in the 5 shot challenge and won some great prizes in the raffle.
Packed up and said our goodbye's leaving around 3pm.
So nice to catch up with good friend's even if it only once a year. Debbie thoroughly enjoyed her first AAOC meet as well, she even used a portaloo for the very first time!

A shame more people didn't stay that turned up Saturday, but just have to make the most of the people that were there.

We had a good time and that's the main thing.

Sorry if it's a bit all over the place, typing on my phone

Gnome & Debbie
Artist formally know as Gnome of the Woods

Raj

Re: Reflections on the meet.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Goodto see you again,Gnomeo!
Nice write-up. I dont remember the hangover ... :? :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Kgbmark

Re: Reflections on the meet.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:48 pm

I really enjoyed my first AAOC meet and meeting some of the people behind the users names. Hopefully the first of many meets.

Mark