Combro chrono any good?

eddie666

Re: Combro chrono any good?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:39 pm

i do a lot of testing with my skan unit and for me with limited yard space and wanting to test under cover, with all the rain we get and bad light most days,

it works all the time never a bad shot ( using a home made rifle rest ) you can do ten shot test on four different rifles in about 10-15 mins and all shots are saved on the unit ,

if you do a lot of tuning or have a lot of rifles they are great,

i found over the time of using different chrono types its easer to test at home with any chrono, but the skan unit fits my needs very well for £200.
the combro is £40-50 f1 is £90-120 they all work well in the right conditions and will give you an indication of what your rifle is putting out which is better than not knowing at all,

but if you start to look at £150 -£200 chronos because you want to do lots of tests , the skan unit will fit the bill and its got a 5 year warranty and you can ring the main man his self for any info or help,
what ever you test with is a good thing , the skan unit is what i have found that fits my needs as my rifle collection has grown and more testing has to be done, as like a lot of you i started off with one rifle and a low cost chrono was ok then as the collection and tuning got more and more i needed some thing that would last and do the job better,
so buy what you think will suit your needs now and in to the future,
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 pm

combro is a nice piece of kit. Skan is better, but! the price prohibits most airgunners. the combro is small portable, fits in a pocket on my gunslip, works well and relatively inexpensive. you pays your money and takes your pick.

no avatar
Suffolk Rifle

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:09 pm

I've got 2 Combros (a Mk2 & a Mk4), access to a Skan & access to a 'pro chrono', the Combros give the same readings (to within a FPS or so) to either of the clubs chronies, with the added advantage that the Combros can be carried about and used wherever I can use my airguns, not had any weather problems (either bright sunlight or dull days which have given bad readings). I've used them on springers, Co2 guns & PCPs, & always used lacy bands to fit them haven't yet shot one though (notice the 'yet' ;) ). So far, the only guns I haven't yet been able to use it on are the SSP/Alecto type pistols, but fairly sure I could figure out some sort of fitting to do that if I need to.
Definitely would recommend them.

no avatar
Fossy313

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

I went with the chrono guys and with thanks from raj and Julian and Darrin at xtx my rifle is now sorted :)