Pro-Sport, " Tuning"

roadrunner

Re: Pro-Sport, " Tuning"

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:17 pm

You should get at least 10 relubes from a 50ml pot of grease and that will be generous lubes at that, the spring needs only a lite coating as excess will fling off anyway,only apply a smear to the piston seal back edge and piston rings,same on the compession tube ring and buttons basically moving parts that contact each other will need grease, depending on how many shots you shoot will determin the intervals for relubing your gun, my prosport is my favourite gun so it will require a relube more often

no avatar
zippy

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Sorry to hear about the poor chap whom died wile tuning your Pro-sport, my God that! was tragic.

Well done having ago yourself with Your pro-sport, now you can strip her down and do your own servicing anytime you like... :D

The best thing you can do to a Prosport or Tx200 is a re-lube and get rid of the dreadful factory grease, ( Bearing in mind you have a good fitting rear guide and spring.)

A little trick I do is try both ends of the spring into the rear guide and see which end of the spring has the snuggest fit into the guide..... ;)

When, re-greasing the Pro-sport or TX200 keep the lube to the utmost of smallest amount on the front parts of the rifle like,,, (piston seal),,, and,,, (inside the compression tube),,, you need the smallest of lick of grease here. as the grease will only go in-front of the piston seal and cause dieseling and get burned, (causing big problems.)

The rear of the pro-sport parts, even coat of grease on the spring, of the recommended... (Bisley gun grease, Highly recommend) Don't put big clumps of grease on the spring just an even coat,, also the rear guide ect.

If the coking arm drops down or slack, and drops down wile firing the pro-sport just simply hold tension on the cocking lever as if you are cocking the pro-sport and tighten the comp tube bolt at the same time you are applying the tension on the cocking lever,,, job done.... :D

DO.NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE STOCK BOLTS, this will only push the stock bolts right into the wood and spoil the stock, when the stock bolts stop, that's it there tight,,, if they loosen up you can just give them little more. (TIGHTEN THE STOCK BOLT AT REAR OF THE TRIGGER GUARD FIRST, very important)
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
shy talk

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

A big thank you to "Zippy". I have followed your advice,I stripped it down wiped most of the grease off, rebuilt the pro-sport,paying particular attention to the stock screws, ( "stock screw at the rear of the trigger guard" ). It now shoots much smoother and quieter, thank's to everyone for you'r advice and support.
I almost forgot to mention, in the " bag of parts " I found a cardboard box labelled Tinbum tuning, inside the box were some white plastic parts,
a spring guide,a tophat, and two washers. These are the parts which I have fitted to the pro-sport, the spring guide was a very snug fit in the spring,at my first attempt I left out the two white washers,when I shot the gun through a chronoscope it registered 8.8ft/lbs so I had to fit the washers, now it is showing 11ft/lbs which I am happy with. Thank you to everyone, A.T.V.B. shy talk

Timmytree

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 pm

See, it wasn't too bad was it? :D
Somewhere I have a little bag with some lovely thin nylon washers that fit under the stockbolts and can be used to bring the heads flush with the woodwork, when I find them next I'll PM you for your address and post you a few.
Regards
Tim

no avatar
zippy

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:59 pm

shy talk wrote:A big thank you to "Zippy". I have followed your advice,I stripped it down wiped most of the grease off, rebuilt the pro-sport,paying particular attention to the stock screws, ( "stock screw at the rear of the trigger guard" ). It now shoots much smoother and quieter, thank's to everyone for you'r advice and support.
I almost forgot to mention, in the " bag of parts " I found a cardboard box labelled Tinbum tuning, inside the box were some white plastic parts,
a spring guide,a tophat, and two washers. These are the parts which I have fitted to the pro-sport, the spring guide was a very snug fit in the spring,at my first attempt I left out the two white washers,when I shot the gun through a chronoscope it registered 8.8ft/lbs so I had to fit the washers, now it is showing 11ft/lbs which I am happy with. Thank you to everyone, A.T.V.B. shy talk

You so welcome mate, If you need any help just give me PM. anytime mate.

One more thing I highly suggest you try in your Prosport JSB EXACT EXPRESS pellets,,, theses are light weight pellets but don't be fooled in thinking light weight is no good in wind. these are the ( long range kings). You should expect little finger nail groups at 40 and 50,yards. I can hit poster pins at 50, yards with JSB EXACTS EXPRESS. in Pro-sport or Tx200hc.... Fact.

The JSB EXACT EXPRESS 7.87 GRAIN, are superb trust me. you must try these pellets in your pro-sport.,,,, PM me if you need to know were to get them.

Remember When re-lubing a pro-sport or Tx200 only put a tiniest lick of grease on the inside edge of the compression tube this will lube the seal as well.

As, a guide of how much lube to apply to the inside edge of the compression tube,,, touch your tongue on your pram, That's how much grease you need, no more. this will spread and coat the seal ect, ((and not get grease in-front of the piston seal.... this is very bad))
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto