Think ive about done shooting airguns

roadrunner

Think ive about done shooting airguns

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Not really enjoyed shooting the last three or four months, dont know weather my shooting stint has come to an end, everytime i go to the yard its windy but not a breeze that you can work with oh no its gusting out to 15 mph or more, managed to find a quiet spot on sunday to check zero and check my accuracy at 25 yards,prosport stacked pellets at 25y with ease great for some close vermin work set out a decoy magpie at 25 yards but it was so windy the target i placed nearby to check windage looked like i was using a cheap 50 quid springer not a 400 pound accurate as a pcp airarms product, now i know theres always days like this in all hobbies but since christmas is getting a little frustrating and frankley ive better ways to spend my time rather than sit in a field not been able to take a single accurate shot at vermin
my s400 is going soon for the same reason, having two accurate airguns is just double frustrating
anyway moan over

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Think ive about done shooting airguns

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:18 pm

it must be frustrating but don't be in a rush to sell up....you may regret it afterwards
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:33 pm

The only real down side to shooting airguns.....the fekin wind! :?

Put your guns away for a month or so mate. Get them out afterwards and go from there.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

roadrunner

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Sunday was my first shoot in 3 weeks,so tried that one but thanks for the idea, i dont mind shooting in a breeze but gusts just kill it, well the s400 will be going at some point just becouse power curves and bottles are a pain,the prosport is a keeper becouse its an all day gun and as accurate and is one of the prettiest guns full stop and shooting a spring piston rifle accurately is far more satisfying

Timmytree

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 pm

I've been feeling a bit the same Nick, it's because of the bloody weather, continual wind making it hard to catch up with the rabbits and pigeons and no real enjoyment on targets. Go ahead and offload the PCP if you must but never let go of the PS! We may get a long settled spell, good weather and an Indian summer that will get us back out again and enjoying shooting again.

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm in a similar boat concerning air rifles because I'm shooting FAC all the time now. Keep looking at the MFR and the HW97 leant up in the corner, think about letting the MFR go but you can guarantee if I do summat will come up where I'll need it.

no avatar
tony1

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:31 pm

hi gixxerboy ive got a mfr aswell and its not going anywhere, use it in .20 mainly but also very good as a .177 its my main hunting/ratting gun. what cal you got ?. and roadrunner dont give up mate as said have a break you no it makes sence :P . atb tony.

Blackbaronfish

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:54 pm

This year has flew by and the windy weather hasnt helped. Lets hope the weather gets better ....no wind and slightly over cast :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:16 pm

tony1 wrote:hi gixxerboy ive got a mfr aswell and its not going anywhere, use it in .20 mainly but also very good as a .177 its my main hunting/ratting gun. what cal you got ?. and roadrunner dont give up mate as said have a break you no it makes sence :P . atb tony.

Mines in the excellent .20 cal too mate but had a fair bit of work done to it to make it lighter as my glass back was struggling with it after my accident. Different stock, shortened barrel, carbon shroud, 200cc bottle. Basically only the block is still original MFR.

no avatar
FPoole

Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 am

I haven't shot a pellet since April. It's been so hot I just don't feel up to it these days. I work all day in mid 90F heat and come home to cool off, so sitting outside sweating on my guns isn't to appealing these days. I've had these stretches before and a little cool down in the fall will snap me out of it. I hardly even feel like posting most days.