Think ive about done shooting airguns

roadrunner

Re: Think ive about done shooting airguns

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Thats a sad state of affairs big dog, i still really enjoy shooting and shooting in a breeze adds another dimension but gusty condition is a killer

Raj

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 pm

I have shot 2 rabbits this year .... :oops: :oops: :oops:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

raygun

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Get yourselves a semi-auto and have a laugh.

:lol: :lol:

ATB
Ray.

roadrunner

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Raj wrote:I have shot 2 rabbits this year .... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ive only seen two all year :roll:

no avatar
Big Dog

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 pm

roadrunner wrote:Thats a sad state of affairs big dog, i still really enjoy shooting and shooting in a breeze adds another dimension but gusty condition is a killer

Certainly is a sad state - I live out in the middle of the very rural Somerset countryside and believe it or not, there is no where that I can go and shoot. I'm beginning to wonder if I should move back to London/Hertfordshire, plenty of places to shoot and lots of work too!

roadrunner

Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:15 am

I take it its just not rural enough for you to shoot un noticed, naughty i know but what people dont see dont bother them

no avatar
Big Dog

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 am

roadrunner wrote:I take it its just not rural enough for you to shoot un noticed, naughty i know but what people dont see dont bother them

It's as rural as you can get, nice village right out in the middle of the Somerset levels, but the Landowners around the village aren't a particularly nice bunch I'll be honest. One of them in particular has a tendency for threatening you if you walk your dog on his land, even though the Open Countryside Acts allows you to do so. Legally speaking, being on someones land carrying any weapon without permission to do so is Armed Trespass, a criminal offense. Round here you can't let your dog take a dump in a field without some farmers complaining, you'd never get away with shooting in them. Back in 2013 one very decent local farmer did grant both myself and a mate permission to shoot in one small area of his field, but its well overgrown now and you're never clear of the wind there since they ripped all the tree lines up.

To be honest, I'm seriously thinking about moving back to London.

no avatar
Middlebridge

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,

Have you got a shooting club near you?
I mainly shoot full bore and have only just got into air rifles after one of our club members let me have a go with his s410. I was amazed at the accuracy and had to have one. Many of our members hunt with air rifles, but come to the club to check, zero and generaly mess about with them, although often the day is spent chating and playing with someones new toy.
It's easy to get in the doldrums with the weather like this, but retail therapy usually fixes it :)

ATB

Chris.

no avatar
zippy

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Humm.

I think everyone is forgetting the joys of shooting and remember we all should be thankful we still have the privilege to be able shoot, look at Scotland's new air gun laws soon to be forced upon them. not good. We still have the privilege to go shooting we must enjoy it.

Com-on, Lads,,, do you not remember when you first got your very first air rifle and had a great time pinking cans and knocking over targets. at very long ranges, its fun.
The only time I'm down in regards to shooting is the dark nights only (because I cant go shooting).

I will never give up this hobby, I love it, it's fun. I like been out down the farm, I seen a lovely sunset tonight so nice, Had a great time pinking. and made a cuppa tea with my little stove. also seen a Kestrel hovering in next field- It's eye on some food no doubt. A, little Robin landed on a fence-post near by me, the wildlife is stunning you only see this wile shooting.

It's great fun and so nice been out and about just stop for a plink and nip over too farm to help the farmer have chat and cuppa.

Shooting and Air rifles are great enjoyment you not going to let Wind and Air, spoil it..... are you... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto