S400 regulator

no avatar
wezdavo

S400 regulator

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:12 pm

As per title I am seriously considering my s400 with a Robert lane lancet reg (pro kit)..

Has anyone got any experience with his regs and what were the outcome in terms of consistency and shot count, also what fill pressure do you now use?

no avatar
glw

Re: S400 regulator

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 am

Hi mate,
Im actually in the midst of fitting one to an mpr now.
The build quality and design of reg is brilliant, The kit [pro kit] is very extensive with several spares for the reg and a full service kit for the original rifle. Plus drills for the breather hole.
The installation advice and diagrams are easy to follow and comprehensive. [vids on youtube to]
The only trouble im having is the tinyest bloody leak from the reg breather hole, TBH rob does stress the internal of cylinder needs a damn good polish to get the lateral machine lines out [hes not wrong] Mostly he reckons with AA cylinders ?? . After having a few chats with Rob lane hes a very amiable guy and knows his stuff and more than willing to help with any problems.
Once this is set up I hope to install another.
Go for it top kit IMHO. ;) ;)

PS................YES I did try it even with the leak, absolutely made up with consistency. :)

PPS.........Just had another half hour polishing....WHOOPPEEEEEEEE leak now fixed. :D :D :D

no avatar
chris.e

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:04 pm

s400 series don't really need regs in my opinion... yes if you want to increase its shot count but I think they're consistency is already pretty good without one.

Heard about the other reg (unbelievable) so I'm glad your all sorted now Geoff. You can concentrate on some shooting now buddy.

no avatar
glw

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Very true Chris, as you know in mault with time on me hands.LOL
But Chris is correct with an internal polish and set up the 400 is very very good without a reg. ;)

no avatar
Smudgerii

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:37 pm

glw wrote:Very true Chris, as you know in mault with time on me hands.LOL
But Chris is correct with an internal polish and set up the 400 is very very good without a reg. ;)

Was thinking of fitting the altaros reg as I don't fancy drilling the cylinder, has anyone fitted one of these?

glw live very close to you, you seem to know these guns, would you consider fitting a lane reg to my 400 classic?

no avatar
Robert Hermens

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 am

Hi all,

I just recently installed an Altaros reg in my S400 classisc.
After some tinkering with the pressure setting of the reg, it is spot on 15,7J and keeps the velocity at 247 ± 0,5 m/s with 4.52 JSB Express.
Even after some days unused and filled to 195bar virtually no "creep" of the reg on the first shot.
In all i am a very satisfied customer.

Kind regrads,

Robert Hermens

alsand

Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Smudgerii wrote:Was thinking of fitting the altaros reg as I don't fancy drilling the cylinder, has anyone fitted one of these?

I fitted an Altaros regulator in the past, being a lazy guy it looked much easier to install :)
As soon as I reassembled the rifle I experienced a serious air leak from the firing valve.
The manufacturer suggested I filled at 200 bar and dry shoot until discharged, then repeat the process a few times to allow the seal ring to "settle in".
This actually cured the problem, but by that time I had already decided I liked the Rob Lane design much better.

I ended up fitting a MK VI regulator, turned to be much easier to install than I expected, and works like a charm.
You just need to take your time, polish the cylinder as best you can, tune the firing valve spring, and above all do your homework and watch all Lane's videos on YT :D

Alessandro
Air Arms S400F Classic, ZOS 10-40x50, Weihrauch HW40

no avatar
wezdavo

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:13 pm

All done ;)

Absolutely fantastic! It took me around 8hrs all told, i had no problems at all with the sealing after speaking to" glw" and polished up to 600 grit wet, drilled the transfer port out to 3.5mm and lightened the hammer from 48g down to 34g.

After testing the springs on a scale I ended up using the original AA one as that one was the closest to Robs instructions for the lightened hammer, which I wanted to do to cut down on hammer bounce..

Firing valve ended up being 7.75mm.

Feels strange putting 200bar in!

Its doing 100 shots with a total spread of 10fps with un weighed pellets and I am over the moon.

Rob lanes videos on youtube were the saving grace, I used all of the techniques he teaches in the videos from the graph plotting the reg spike to how to save air while setting up, the lot...

Lucky I had a few transfer port seals as I lost 2 during the numerous stripdowns :roll:

no avatar
glw

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Nice one mate, Glad you got it sorted.
Just enjoy it now...OH and Well done mate. :D :D :D