the NRA

no avatar
air gun

the NRA

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:17 pm

A National Rifle Association executive has suggested the pastor killed in the Charleston church shooting was partly to blame for the deaths of eight people in his congregation.

Charles Cotton, a lawyer from Texas, claimed some of the victims "might be alive" if Pastor Clementa Pinckney had not voted against laws which would have allowed churchgoers to carry concealed handguns.

I know the NRA fight for gun rights but tbh I think they are a bunch of idiots that do far more harm than good with the crap they spout at times like this. I remember after the columbine shooting Charlton Heston one of the top dudes in the NRA only had this to say. from my cold dead hands.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Re: the NRA

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Axelr wrote:I agree the NRA might be a bit extreme but I think I prefer it to the Nanny state that you have over in the UK. I have to say I'm a bit surprised by your view considering you sig line?

my sig is just a line from a film buddy. its not how I see me and my gun. ;)
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
wezdavo

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Axelr wrote:I agree the NRA might be a bit extreme but I think I prefer it to the Nanny state that you have over in the UK. I have to say I'm a bit surprised by your view considering you sig line?

Maybe a bit of a nanny state over here pal, but at least we don't need to worry about the desperate paranoia that exists over the pond. The whole needing a gun to feel safe is very sad...Over here guns are used for sporting purposes not protection.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:53 pm

wezdavo wrote:

Maybe a bit of a nanny state over here pal, but at least we don't need to worry about the desperate paranoia that exists over the pond. The whole needing a gun to feel safe is very sad...Over here guns are used for sporting purposes not protection.

spot on mate.

Timmytree

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:08 pm

Whatever country we live in, the problems and restrictions of gun laws are brought about by the uneducated tossers, rednecks and brain deads who abuse and break the laws of the land. No crime, no restrictions. It's just unfortunate that the innocent shooters are the ones that abide by the restrictions while the criminals ignore them.

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:13 pm

nicely put Tim, and diffusing a situation too.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Axelr wrote:Well I live in Canada so we have a bit of a Nanny state of our own. Not as bad as you guys though. However, if you feel that you're safer because you allow you're gov't to disarm you and make your decisions for you, well you should take a history lesson.

The vast majority of people in North America are not paranoid and feel they need a gun to be safe. However, we at least have the option of deciding for ourselves. "Pal"

I would be interested in what a NRA member would have to say if there family was wiped out by some nut case armed with a M16. im all for sensible people owning guns. but to say a paster was at falt for getting killed because he didn't want church going people to carry guns is just out right stupid. what kind of people run the NRA if they say its your own falt for getting shot in church you should have been carrying a 357 MAGNUM. :shock:

no avatar
wezdavo

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Axelr wrote:Well I live in Canada so we have a bit of a Nanny state of our own. Not as bad as you guys though. However, if you feel that you're safer because you allow you're gov't to disarm you and make your decisions for you, well you should take a history lesson.

The vast majority of people in North America are not paranoid and feel they need a gun to be safe. However, we at least have the option of deciding for ourselves. "Pal"

I don't need a history lesson and I am free to make my own decisions..

I am free to go and get a section 1 fac no problem... Although I would never need it for protection or to help me sleep at night...

Disarm?

I know its hard for you to understand but over here you really don't need a gun to feel safe..... Does that sound strange? If it does maybe you still have a lot to learn...

Do you think you are at war? And if so who with?