Airstripper

Blackbaronfish

Airstripper

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 pm

http://rowanengineering.com/lphoto29.htm

Any one use one and how have they set about adjusting it.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Revitalised

Re: Airstripper

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 am

I Have one on my benchrest rifle. All I did was set the cone at it's minimum position, shot about five pellets, noted the grouping, moved the cone out about 1mm and shot another five pellets. In my case I got the tightest grouping at just over half of the cone's travel.

Cheers

JohnR

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:27 pm

I think mate, the theory is to set the opening opposite to any direction your gun `flips` as it fires, would love to try one & compare it`s sound to my silencers, just for the look alone-that looks bloody amazing, could be a problem with pest control though!
filming your end barrel as you fire with a moby or such, side on then, from above & underside I suppose, to see which if any direction the barrel `nudges` as it fires, then as above, fine tune turning mill`s at a time.
just a thought, using one at HFT/FT comp`s would be a option where noise isn`t an issue.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Raj

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:52 pm

I have never heard or read anything anywhere to connect the direction of flip with the orientation of the holes on a silencer. Go on Wastrel ... tell us more! How does that work? :)

And I took 3 rabbits this week in the same field with an air stripper fitted S200, None of them complained about the noise :mrgreen:

And finally, you will find that almost all serious FT and HFT competitors use a stripper :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Astro

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 pm

I would imagine the theory on the air stripper ports being set the opposite way to the way the rifle flips would be the same as the compensators we used to have on fullbore pistols. But, i cant imagine that the air leaving an air rifle barrel would cause anywhere near the same disruption or movement as on a pistol shooting a 38super round for example

no avatar
air gun

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:22 pm

if you were to shot that in very high wind. are you sure it wouldent clip.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:44 am

If you were shooting in wind that high the pellet would do full circle and hit you in the arse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ATB
Ray

alsand

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Revitalised wrote:All I did was set the cone at it's minimum position, shot about five pellets, noted the grouping, moved the cone out about 1mm and shot another five pellets. In my case I got the tightest grouping at just over half of the cone's travel.

That's exactly how I did it.
I have a black aluminum one for my .177 S400, it produced the tightest groups about 4 mm out.
In the end though, being such a poor shot myself :roll: , I found the improvement was not enough to justify the noise, so I swapped it back for the standard AA silencer.

BTW, this is an air stripper, designed only to reduce the air turbulence behind the pellet, not to compensate for any side movement ;) ...

Alessandro
Air Arms S400F Classic, ZOS 10-40x50, Weihrauch HW40

no avatar
wastrel

Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:28 pm

:oops:
Astro wrote:I would imagine the theory on the air stripper ports being set the opposite way to the way the rifle flips would be the same as the compensators we used to have on fullbore pistols. But, i cant imagine that the air leaving an air rifle barrel would cause anywhere near the same disruption or movement as on a pistol shooting a 38super round for example

:oops: :oops: that`s how I guessed they worked when I saw one :oops: :oops:
still, even more encouraged to try one now :P
you live & learn guys ;)
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
wastrel

Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:37 pm

erm, can I just quote from Julians site here:-
"but best of all reduces muzzle flip and therefore sight recovery time by over 50% enabling follow-up shots to be taken quicker and more accurately"
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member