FX Wildcat first impressions

darran77

FX Wildcat first impressions

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Well i called into BAR this morning to have a word about my HW and look at a couple of other guns, the guys as always were helpfull and i gained some usefull information.
But i was almost dribbling when i was shown the latest FX, the Wildcat. I have seen it on the tube as well as a TDR version but to hold one , wow!.
This is a light weight bull-pup and the crisp clean cocking from the foward side lever is smooth and swift, and its regulated.
Lloyed i am told will be doing a fullish review on this and i for one await the outcome.
daz
IFAC member

darran77

Re: FX Wildcat first impressions

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Had a quick look on the FX web site and not right impressed in the quote
"utilizing the smooth twist barrel 5 inch groups at 50 yards are common"
Now i can get better groups with my TDR and HW in perfect conditions, and in the right
hands probably under 1/2 inch groups.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
air gun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

darran77 wrote:Had a quick look on the FX web site and not right impressed in the quote
Now i can get better groups with my TDR and HW in perfect conditions, and in the right
daz

that has to be a typo :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
zippy

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:38 pm

darran77 wrote:Had a quick look on the FX web site and not right impressed in the quote
daz

The innovation and some designs look incredible form FX,Airguns,,, however, Firstly, the Magazines are crap, Mind you, FX, has brought out a new mag design on the new bullpup, But the old magazine is not good and if you need a spare they retail at £50... bloody rip-off.

Now,,, My thoughts are sooner or later your going to need new parts or a service for your FX, Chambers don't do parts for FX, guns, in fact who??? do's supply parts for your
FX product apart for FX,airguns themselves this is not going to be cheep, unlike your trusty Air Arms and HW, you can get parts anywhere and be able to service you own rifle.

Just a few points to take in before you you throw any money at a FX product, been able to service and repair your own rifle is a big deal. you can do this with your AA AND HW, and readily get hold of parts easy.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
zippy

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:45 pm

daz

There is no denying the innovation and some designs look incredible form FX,Airguns,,, however, Firstly, the Magazines are crap, Mind you, FX, has brought out a new mag design on the new bullpup, But the old magazine is not good and if you need a spare they retail at £50... bloody rip-off.

Now,,, My thoughts are sooner or later your going to need new parts or a service for your FX, Chambers don't do parts for FX, guns, in fact who??? do's supply parts for your
FX product apart for FX,airguns themselves this is not going to be cheap, unlike your trusty Air Arms and HW, you can get parts anywhere and be able to service you own rifle.

Just a few points to consider before you throw any money at a FX product, been able to service and repair your own rifle is a big deal. you can do this with your AA and HW, and readily get hold of parts easy.

One other point is,,, the old magazine which is still used on most FX products, these magazines protrude so high out of the action you may have to use extra high mounts.
This could be very bad for you head position on the stock,,,, this will not be to much of problem if you have an adjustable cheek piece...just a thought.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

raygun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:17 pm

It does say .5" groups.

It doesn't however say what calibre and power level. There seems to be some difficulty in getting any groups published with a .177 smooth twist barrel.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:32 pm

raygun wrote:It does say .5" groups.

It doesn't however say what calibre and power level. There seems to be some difficulty in getting any groups published with a .177 smooth twist barrel.

ATB
Ray.

if fx have a gun that shoots a 5inch group at 50 years I don't think they should be advertising it. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm

air gun wrote:
raygun wrote:It does say .5" groups.

ATB
Ray.

if fx have a gun that shoots a 5inch group at 50 years I don't think they should be advertising it. :mrgreen:

Don't know where the years come from but FX do say .5" groups (point 5 inch groups).
Half of one inch for the hard of thinking :roll:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:40 pm

its .5 inch groups. not 5 inch groups :lol: :lol: :lol:

darran77

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Note to ones self "put your glasses on"
Yes it is 1/2 inch groups my bad , but like said what cal was used.
What about servicing and spare parts, can it be done here or does it have to
Go back to Sweden or wherever. I am not convinced into buying one
As its a bull pup and at the moment I am a traditionalist.
Daz
IFAC member