AAs in .20 cal

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: AAs in .20 cal

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:43 pm

45 yard shot on a bunny tonight with only 1.8 dots holdover, the .20 pellet went in one side and popped the other eye. I have a .177 AA TDR for the night scope hunting as I'm terrible at range finding in the dark. The TDR is a cracking rifle for carrying at night.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
colinE

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:36 pm

I have a regal in .20 and never paid any extra for it the only draw back I have found is the limited supply of pellets mine loves h&n ftt and Iam lucky that all three shops near me stock them and I buy four tins at a time and there is a wider choice when buying on the net but most are rebranded h&n or excat
I wanted .20 after shooting my mates rapid on a days decoying it was awesome at close range and on the longer shots it out classed my .22 cyclone

Linus

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:12 pm

gary martin wrote:in all of my years shooting, i have never come across anyone who has owned or knows someone who owns a .20 cal. if they are not that popular, i can't see AA producing one. they could take a chance, and promote it, hope it sells, but i dont think it will happen.
i have nothing against the calibre, and if people wish to own one and enjoy it, then good, but i feel its not popular for a reason. either people dont want it, or they dont have the opportunity to own one.

My Dad had a Sheridan Blue streak .20 in the late 70's, so there you go.

He was able to get hold of pellets then,and we didn't have a car or even Internet, jeez times were hard :lol:
Dean
Member since October 2007.

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Linus wrote:
gary martin wrote:in all of my years shooting, i have never come across anyone who has owned or knows someone who owns a .20 cal. if they are not that popular, i can't see AA producing one. they could take a chance, and promote it, hope it sells, but i dont think it will happen.
i have nothing against the calibre, and if people wish to own one and enjoy it, then good, but i feel its not popular for a reason. either people dont want it, or they dont have the opportunity to own one.

My Dad had a Sheridan Blue streak .20 in the late 70's, so there you go.

He was able to get hold of pellets then,and we didn't have a car or even Internet, jeez times were hard :lol:

my statement still stands, in all my years of shooting I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS ONE, OR KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES! i dont know your dad, if i did, that statement would change.

no avatar
poguemahone

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:02 am

the .20 is just another calibre, and unless it can prevent the user from misjudging range, wind drift, angle of shot, or prevent the user from canting the gun, help the user to stalk more quietly, shoot round corners, and make the user invisible to corvids, then its no better than .177 or .22 ;)

no avatar
carnivore

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:15 pm

tony1 wrote:i asked weihrauch twice if they would do a .20 hw100 and was told no both times, so i like brooksy now have a theoben mfr .20 for hunting. and guess what weirauch now do the hw100 in .20, so weihrauch thought it was worth the investment, also if more people use .20 more pellet manufacturers will do pellts for them. but .177 for both my ft rifles.

I'm surprised that Weihrauch deny that they make an HW100 in .20, Tony. Ian Barnett, who writes for 'Airgun Shooter' magazine has been using one since the October issue 2014. He was a dedicated .22 user (BSA Ultra and HW100k-t) prior to being persuaded to trial the middle calibre but now seems to be completely converted.