Rifle reviews in the mags.

no avatar
air gun

Re: Rifle reviews in the mags.

Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 pm

I know what people are saying about the mags. but are there any rubbish pcp airguns now. you have top of the range guns. but any pcp gun will out shoot the average shooter now. and any gun from the top gun makers will all shoot well now anyway.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
kevingambrell

Sat May 30, 2015 11:00 pm

I must admit I dont think there are any realy bad PCP rifles about but there are some that are not as good as others.
I bought the boy one of the Hatsan PCP's and although its a very usable rifle its let down badly on finnish and general fit.
That said I had to do a fair amount opf work on my S410 to get it shooting the way I wanted.
The reason I looked through the back issues was more to get an idea of whats out there and the general idea of what people thought
of the rifles being reviewed.
Its looking very much like I will be buying one of the STEYR CHALLENGE BR rifles as my main interest lays in bench rest.

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 30, 2015 11:50 pm

kevingambrell wrote:I must admit I dont think there are any realy bad PCP rifles about but there are some that are not as good as others.
I bought the boy one of the Hatsan PCP's and although its a very usable rifle its let down badly on finnish and general fit.
That said I had to do a fair amount opf work on my S410 to get it shooting the way I wanted.
The reason I looked through the back issues was more to get an idea of whats out there and the general idea of what people thought
of the rifles being reviewed.
Its looking very much like I will be buying one of the STEYR CHALLENGE BR rifles as my main interest lays in bench rest.

STEYR are top class guns. not owned or shot one. but there reputation speaks for its self. but at the end of the day the accuracy comes down to 2 things. barrel and consistency. things like stocks. triggers. balance and waight will only affect the shooter. so if you look at the reg consistency and the barrel the gun uses it will pretty much tell you how the gun will shoot. 90% of all pcp guns will use a lother walther barrel. I know BSA use there own barrel and anschutes use there own barrel ( anschutes are the best in the world imo ) so any gun with a match lother walther barrel and a good reg will shoot the same hole at 40 yards no matter what it costs. people say they don't care what the gun is as long as it hits the target. that's a flat out lie. you can pick up a daystate. air arms. STEYR. FWB. what ever. they will all out shoot anyone. we choose a gun that we think looks the nuts.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
kevingambrell

Sun May 31, 2015 12:12 am

Your not wrong on the looks thing. But sadly I find the Steyr as ugly as they go, but for the looks they do sit in the shoulder well.

no avatar
air gun

Sun May 31, 2015 1:07 am

kevingambrell wrote:Your not wrong on the looks thing. But sadly I find the Steyr as ugly as they go, but for the looks they do sit in the shoulder well.

not sure about that. the STEYR LG110 HUNTER is a nice gun. imo. :mrgreen: