Air Arms EV2

no avatar
Twearly

Air Arms EV2

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Hello, Is there any one here who can explain the difference between the mk1, mk2 ,mk3 and mk4 Air Arms EV2 please.
I read a great deal about how accurate they are and that there were problems with the earlier models. But nothing about the history/ evolution of the gun.
In addition to the above, what sort of problems were there on the earlier models and what are the problems likely to be encountered should I be fortunate enough to purchase one.
What price would you expect to pay for the different mk’s. I gather the purchase price was around the £1100 mark when new for the mk4.
Many thanks in advance
TX200HC

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Air Arms EV2

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:22 pm

any problems have been sorted by now. mk1 had a different type of filler. mk 2 had the new t bar type, mk3 and 4 were very similar with a ball joint adjustable butt hook and hamster. as for price? all dependent on condition, modifications eg new stock/ butt hook/ hamster. ball park figure look to pay £600 - £1000 a std mk 2 -4 look at £800 std.

no avatar
Twearly

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 am

Thank you Gary for your comments, very much appreciated. On the face of it the differences in the marks appear to be small. It looks to be more of a gradual evolution throughout the life of the gun.
Perhaps I should place a comment in the wanted section. Once again, many thanks.
TX200HC

no avatar
Zed.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:38 am

I had a mk1 Ev2, wonderfull rifle and I should have kept it :roll:

they were an evolution of the earlier ProTarget / RN10 rifle so a sorted platform but had teething-troubles (usually regs, see a theme here??)
there was rumor about them having the CZ barrel as fitted to the S200 BUT if this was true I couldn't say (was supremely accurate either way!)

the mk2 allegedly shared the same barrel as the S400MPR/ft.

never looked at a mk3 / mk4 :lol:

I still think about getting another mk1 even though I don't shoot competitions anymore :?

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 pm

i had a mk 2. if you join "Shooting the breeze" forum there is a better chance of finding one. it is a forum dedicated to air shooting sports. you will need to join, make a few worthwhile posts before you are allowed access to sales.

no avatar
Twearly

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:59 pm

Thanks Gary
TX200HC