Rabbit Recipes

sss360

Rabbit Recipes

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Morning!

As we don't have access to the recipe section yet, I was wondering if any budding chefs would share some of their favourite rabbit recipes with me? I've got three rabbits sitting in the fridge from a shoot last night and want to cook something nice with them on Friday night :)

Cheers,

James :)
Keep the change, you filthy animal.

Air Arms S410 Carbine .177, Hawke Sport HD IR 3-9x50 AO Mildot, Weihrauch Moderator
CZ 452 .17HMR Varmint, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42, SAK Moderator
Baikal E27 O/U, 12G

no avatar
chrismdd

Re: Rabbit Recipes

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Get yourself Mathew Manning's airgun hunting book there are some great recipes in there.

In the meantime for something quick and easy:

My freezer in the garage is chock full of rabbits, pheasants, duck, pigeon and trout and so recently I've been jointing all the rabbits I've shot and then after soaking the saddle and rear leg joints in salty water overnight I use a sharp fish filleting knife to cut off all the meat into nice chunks to be frozen into portions to be used for pies, pasties kebabs etc.

Well two nights ago we were short of time so a used a whole load of these chunks browned in the wok together with pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onion and then just added a jar of paktaks Tikka Masala cooked for a while and then left to simmer whilst I got the two naan breads ready.

Served in balti dishes, tasted delicious and minimal washing up.

Chris

Raj

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Dont make me cry, guys .... :( :( :(
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

sss360

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Missing the recipe section, Raj? :?

We ended up putting them whole on the BBQ, as it was a lovely evening. A bit of seasoning, in between a bap, and they were delicious! Almost like a pig roast :)

I sneaked out as it got dark to a new permission (a small farmyard/field) and immediately saw a pair of eyes glowing red from my lamp. I identified it as a rabbit and the distance to be about 32 yards. I leant on a piece of farm machinery to steady myself and my rifle, adjusted the AO to eliminate parallax error and put the crosshairs just behind his eye, in line with his ear. A squeeze of the trigger and I heard the pellet "thwack" as it hit the target.

It turns out that was the easy bit as the grass was quite long and it took me about 15 minutes to find the bugger! :lol:
Keep the change, you filthy animal.

Air Arms S410 Carbine .177, Hawke Sport HD IR 3-9x50 AO Mildot, Weihrauch Moderator
CZ 452 .17HMR Varmint, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42, SAK Moderator
Baikal E27 O/U, 12G

no avatar
David M

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:44 am

We put a jointed rabbit into the slow cooker over night, de-bone it the next day and put the meat into a pan with a jar of Biryani sauce from Sainsburys while the rice simmers for 10 minutes. Makes a very quick tasty meal for two... ;)
Attachments
Copy of DSC04148.JPG
Copy of DSC04148.JPG (26.23 KiB) Viewed 3044 times