SQUIRREL CONTROL

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: SQUIRREL CONTROL

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

blueheckle wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 pm
done that in the past but has to be an analog , so how do you know if 12 noon or 12 midnight
i only set it from teatime til the following morning.
fox o'clock is nearly always between an hour before dark and the first hour or so of daylight ;)

blueheckle

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm

This perm is too far for that Im afraid down Yday full day on the squirrels grandson had 14 , then waited for mr fox but grandson spotted it two fields away and was not interested in any calls I played lol but I enjoy these ones , personally I would leave it be , but the owner wants it gone as has chickens so will leave it another couple of days then try again
WE CANT CHANGE THE WIND BUT WE CAN ALTER OUR SAILS

no avatar
poguemahone

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm

blueheckle wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm
This perm is too far for that Im afraid down Yday full day on the squirrels grandson had 14 , then waited for mr fox but grandson spotted it two fields away and was not interested in any calls I played lol but I enjoy these ones , personally I would leave it be , but the owner wants it gone as has chickens so will leave it another couple of days then try again
yeah you'll bump into it eventually mate 8-)
tell the owner put a radio in with hens overnight if he's worried about the fox. radio 4 is all talking, so seems to deter reynard ;)
what gun do you use for reynard ?

blueheckle

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:51 am

Rem 700 LVSF in .223 flavor, 55gn Sierra blitz kings , in a GRS Berserk stock , Drone pro on top , and thermal spotter, also have a few DIY night vision , how about yourself , this forum seems very quiet

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 pm

well that set up will sort charles out mate 8-)
i use shotgun these days for foxes, my shoots with fox problems arent safe for anything else really.
yeah the forum is quiet, shame really, as it was awesome a few years ago. some top lads still pop in, but not often enough.
the hunting section a few years ago was solid mate, and if you had a problem with your gun, there were some right gun mending/fixing wizards kicking about in the technical areas, and a lot of pissheads in the virtual bar :lol:

no avatar
143granville

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:41 pm

poguemahone wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:08 am
blueheckle wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:05 pm
We were back out the other day , grandson is becoming an excellent shot , he suffers badly from ADHD, and has had a hard life ,so its good to see him taking a real interest in this , he got 14 all in for the day some of which I used as fox bait as this in on a large private house with plenty of ground and they keep chickens so want the fox gone , so set up the trail camera and staked the squirrels 20 ft away hat will give me an idea what time it appears at then its a sit and wait
get an old clock, take the back off, and tie some fishing line around the battery. tape the clock to summat solid, and tie t'other end of the fishing line to a squirrel, rabbit, pigeon etc. when the fox takes the bait he pulls the battery out and stops the clock. do this a couple of nights and you'll know what time he's liable to turn up.
shot a fair few foxes doing this, saves waiting up for hours on end ;)
worked for me .

blueheckle

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:45 am

No doubt it would work but as I said its a bit of a distance from me , so would only get one setting or the owner would have to set it up again , and bad enough trying to get him to put titbits out at a point with a safe back stop as the ground is very awkward for back stops , I have an old trail cam somewhere I will dig out attach an external battery pack to it and put a pile of skewered squirrels down and get an idea when its coming , thanks for the input guys

Raj

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 pm

blueheckle wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 pm
done that in the past but has to be an analog , so how do you know if 12 noon or 12 midnight

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"