two chucks in two days...

no avatar
zingpow

two chucks in two days...

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 pm

standing in each other's footprints when the trigger was squeezed @ 120 yards...I hit the first one there with the hole in it yesterday as it was stepping forward with it's front right leg and must have hit bone as the 17gr round traveling at 2500fps exploded and tore that hole in it's chest, it didn't move but went down in a lump...

the second saw today just as I finished cleaning the rifle (savage 17hmr) and looked out the window and there it was...it was turned somewhat facing me and the round entered at an angle just between it's head and front leg ballooning the hide up as you can see...I've seen it happen before...those are the first two I've seen this year...zp...
Attachments
3-19-3.jpg
3-19-3.jpg (143.99 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
3-19-15.jpg
3-19-15.jpg (152.57 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: two chucks in two days...

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:31 pm

you're averaging one a day them tim :mrgreen: ;)
decent shooting mate 8-)

no avatar
zingpow

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 pm

they were out at the big burn pile (I don't burn it anymore) where I throw junk tree limbs and such...it's a groundhog/possum/skunk/rabbit and sometimes fox villa on the Riviera...I shoot a dozen or so chucks a year unless they live long enough to start families then the number can go up...I don't shoot skunks, rabbits or possums as a rule and the foxes get a pass as I like them...zp...

james79

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Ooohh! I'm waiting for my hmr slot to land in the letterbox and that is seriously whetting my appetite. Nice shooting, the local RFD has just got a nice cz452 in and I'm hoping it has my name on it :twisted:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:10 am

Nice going Tim. Like the stock on that. Looks similar to my CZ HMR but mines the thumbhole version. Might drag it out the cabinet and give it some food tomorrow/later.. :D :D

no avatar
zingpow

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:59 am

james and paul...cz's are nice, I'm glad I'm at the age where I no longer want every gun on the market in every caliber or I'd probably be out looking for one...hell I still want a zx-10 (black real old or real new), a gixer thou (05-06 black and grey) and an rc-51 (03 or newer in black) so my wish plate is full...the 17hmr is such a fine round that I sold all my 22lr rifles and pistols and this is it, accurate, flat shooting and whatever you shoot dies on the spot...absolutely devastating...zing of the wild frontier...