Hunting forum open to public?

Raj

Hunting forum open to public?

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi Guys ..... I know this is a temporary measure but how does everyone feel about the hunting part of our forum being visible to non-members? Personally, I don't mind either way but I just wondered if this needed to be addressed for the more sensitive ones .... and the 'auntys' :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Timmytree

Re: Hunting forum open to public?

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Canadian AGF hunting section is only visible when you log on, should we do the same?

james79

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:49 pm

To be honest I think if the posts are open and honest and people are sensible about what they post then keeping it an open forum is a good thing. I would like to think the folk that post on here are decent enough to portray us all in a good light. Personally I don't think that we need to hide anything and publishing the pest control aspect of our hobby can only be a good thing. Realistically speaking everybody in the UK eats farmed produce in one shape or form regardless of their sensibilities and that includes vegetarians, vegans etc, and in any viable form of food production there is always going to be a need to control pests! Where in the process this is done is purely semantics but even if you try to live a purely vegan way of life unless you plant grow and nurture you veggies in a hermetically sealed green house there will have been a pest control plan in place whether it be culling deer in a field or mice in a corn shed! I honestly believe our best position is to be as open and honest as possible because most right minded people do understand and support us when they know the benefits our sport brings :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 pm

I don't mind either way.
the hunting forum on here has allways stayed with in the rules so we have nothing too worry about.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
poguemahone

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:14 am

there's never been owt to hide on here, but maybe a warning that the hunting forum contains pics of dead quarry/pests, may be advisable ;)

no avatar
peters410

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:57 am

I take a more robust position on the "Rabbit People" they can all get lost or something less pleasant if you prefer, their feeling is not worth worrying about. What I do say if we think our shooting of pests is not a moral thing to do then yes we must hide it, if not why bother. I can understand that some of our own members may not hunt and may even be anti's, so we accommodate them by the rule of that it is only the hunting section that pictures of cadavers may be posted.

I'm another who is proud to tell anyone yes I shoot game and with the notable exceptions of rats and corvids, I take the produce of my hunts home and eat it or give it away, a regular disciple of River Cottage. I have a vegetable patch as well which needs protection from rabbits, pigeons and other species.

Iced Tiger

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:43 pm

We have nothing to hide, should be left open.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
granville

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:08 pm

open for me . 8-)

no avatar
Outandabout

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:09 pm

allowing non members to view all parts of the forum may encourage them to actually join the forum and participate. Thereby giving the forum more strength.
So its a yes from Kev. :lol:
Kevin

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:00 pm

my own view on the subject is, nothing to hide, no shame.