Squirrel shooting

TIMBERDOG

Re: Squirrel shooting

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:23 pm

now 25th jan only been out couple times firstly just to check my feeders both damage by the squirrels both lids chewed canny hole in one of them, taken home to repair new lids this time metal strap fitted on the lids.
out friday 2hrs shot one squirrel out of the tree, out again saturday 2hrs shot one squirre on the repared feeder.
will be moving onto rat shooting next time out few showing under the hen houses.

no avatar
143granville

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

TIMBERDOG wrote:
now 25th jan only been out couple times firstly just to check my feeders both damage by the squirrels both lids chewed canny hole in one of them, taken home to repair new lids this time metal strap fitted on the lids.
out friday 2hrs shot one squirrel out of the tree, out again saturday 2hrs shot one squirre on the repared feeder.
will be moving onto rat shooting next time out few showing under the hen houses.
some big rats around now i have shot 60 this year .
managed 630 last year .
no squirrels about my perms .

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 am

143granville wrote:
TIMBERDOG wrote:
managed 630 last year .
Oh I so wish I could get out shooting, gla you guys are getting out.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
143granville

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:33 pm

eboswan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 am
143granville wrote:
TIMBERDOG wrote:
managed 630 last year .
Oh I so wish I could get out shooting, gla you guys are getting out.
just have to get out ad do it rats are niceand fat at the moment .

TIMBERDOG

Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:01 am

I have not been on the site for some time ,have had the odd few hours out down on the farm total grey squirrel total now 233.
go up once a week to fill feeders when I can ,then go back 2 days later for 2 hours shoot.
at the moment they are hard to find due to trees in full bloom.
just the odd one going onto the feeder young squirrels.
my grandson now has my old S410 rifle and he is doing very well knocking a few down.

TIMBERDOG

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:49 am

not been a good year for me & my squirrel shooting due to ongoing health problems not been able to get out due also to covid and the weather
few times I have been out managed a total 61
also it does not look like not many members have any interest in my posts :?:

no avatar
Outandabout

Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:43 pm

I disagree Timberdog.
I think people are interested in your posts, but do not feel the need to reply. I for 1 have not commented on any of your posts before but know from experience how hard and time consuming it is to get even 1 squirrel never mind you bad years total of 61
Even non hunting shooters who are members on here will view your posts without comment, but know the commitment you require to keep them at bay.
The forum as you will have seen is very quiet at the moment so please keep posting and we will keep reading.

Kevin

TIMBERDOG

Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:12 am

point taken kevin thank you for the reply, as a matter of interest grey squirels knocked down past 26 months 252

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:38 am

Keep up the good work

no avatar
poguemahone

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:29 pm

aye up timberdog, as kevin says, the forum is quiet and its sad to see, but keep posting.
not being able to post pics straight from the computer hasnt done the hunting section any favours.
its a pity you werent a member in the forums heyday, when you could post in ANY section and get a reply within 10 mins.
the banter and pi55 taking was amazing and good natured. my favourite was a lad asking for advice on the best bait to use for squirrels, as he'd heard hazelnuts were good. a bit of ''advice'' from me and eboswan had him nailing a few dozen topic chocolate bars to the trees in the woods :lol: :lol:
theres still a few decent and knowledgeable lads from the old brigade who pop in, and like me they would give anything for a return to busier times.
i went to a perm last year to shoot a couple of squirrels that were giving a pair of barn owls a hard time, trying to take over their nestbox. i put a couple of squirrel feeders up, and in 5 months me and my youngest brother have shot 106.
he only started shooting last year (late starter) :lol: but he's put in the hard miles on the range, listened to advice, and now he's enjoying the sport and pest species arent safe when he's around :D
keep posting mate 8-)