New joiner

no avatar
Stylus

New joiner

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Evening all. I've not used a forum for many years, the last time was when I had an epic, all custom valve amp'd hifi setup!
Ive ratted before in my early teens on our old property that was on a riverbank and borrowed a friends cheap brake barrell recently for some target fun.
I've just bought myself a pre tamper S410 classic. 177 with a cheapo fixed Tasco x4 as my first PCP. Just waiting for transfer of it now, but in the mean time want to try and pick up a small air cylinder as I've got access to diving air at work for free refills.
When this period clears up I want to get down my local indoor range and find out what pellets it likes and in time maybe get a variable scope. Are there any first checks and setup must do's, beyond the obvious I'd be advised of when I get my mits on this?
S410 classic 'black'

Rob Laidlaw

Re: New joiner

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Welcome to the AA forum Stylus,
Personally I like to put my rifles over a chrono to see what sort of power they are putting out, (Currently 11.67 ft/lb).
Secondly I like to get a selection of different pellets to try out and see which group the best, (still waiting for them to arrive).
Once I have found the pellets the rifle likes, I buy as many as I can, 10 or 20 tins, after that it is practice, practice, practice.
AA S510R TDR Hawke Vantage SF 4-16X44

no avatar
Stylus

Re: New joiner

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Cheers for the response Rob - exactly my thoughts, hence wanting to get to a range before pinking in the garden and godforbid friends land for vermin before I'm sure it's Legal. Added benefit of a rack of different pellets too 👍.
I'm in no rush and need to sort myself out a bottle yet too.
S410 classic 'black'