new boy (Cough)

no avatar
Trooper

new boy (Cough)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi every one. I am Trooper (Colin in the real world) and I thought having registered I ought to introduce myself. I am fast approaching that big six zero and I live in South Hertfordshire with my wife and one of my three sons.

I have been shooting, most types, of firearms since a teenager in the Air Training Corps, but air rifles have now become my main hobby.

Started out with a cheap Chinese SMK B2 :oops: Then moved to an SMK TH78D Co2 rifle and became a member of the Chinese Airgun Forum where I learned how to make a Chinese soft cheese product into an acceptable air weapon. Having spent a number of years honing my skills as an amateur gunsmith I decided I would like to own a gun that I didn't have to spend hours working on to make acceptable and opted for an S510 carbine .177 with walnut stock. What a quality piece of kit it is too, had it for two years now and it hasn't missed a beat (or a bullseye).

I decided some time ago that my collection should consist of three rifles, 1x Co2, 1x PCP and 1x springer and a pistol which is also Co2 mainly because thats all I can fit in my gunsafe.

So January of this year I replaced my beloved SMK XS38 with a TX200HC .22 also with a walnut stock. I find this level of accuracy from a springer is astonishing and it is still the most rewarding to use.

Sitting atop my S510 I have a Hawke airmax 6-24 X 50. On the TX200 I have an Optizan 5-20 X 50 and on the TH78D I have Nikko Stirling 4-12 X 40. My pistol is a Umarex Smith & Wesson 586 with a 6" barrel.

Well, that's me and mine and I hope I can contribute at least as much as I take from this forum.

Blackbaronfish

Re: new boy (Cough)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Welcome to the AAOC Collin.
Those Chinese air guns take a bit of fiddling. I saw what they do at the Chinese AirGun Forum meet at the Quigley Hollow two years ago.
Now that you’ve finished with polishing a turd you can rest at night :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello and welcome :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Trooper

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Welcome to the AAOC Collin.
Those Chinese air guns take a bit of fiddling. I saw what they do at the Chinese AirGun Forum meet at the Quigley Hollow two years ago.

BBF
LOLS Yeah, but how satisfying is a really good sh*t :lol:

Thanks for your welcome.

Blackbaronfish

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Priceless 👍👍👍
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:

BBF
“You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.”