Engineered Bipod and Circular Rear Rest for FTP900

no avatar
zooma

Engineered Bipod and Circular Rear Rest for FTP900

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm

I bought a s/h matching bipod and circular rear rest for my FTP900 that I am told were made by "someone up north" and that he only makes a few sets each year.

These brilliant bits of engineering work as well as they look and I would like to buy another new set - and another set for a club mate if only I could find out who makes them!

If anyone knows the name and/or how to contact the person who makes them I would be very pleased - and he would get a couple of new orders!

Bob. (zooma@kingcobra.co.uk)
Rossendale Model Target Club. BB4 6QS . Every Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 10pm.

no avatar
zooma

Re: Engineered Bipod and Circular Rear Rest for FTP900

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:22 pm

If we cannot find-out who makes these excellent engineered bipods I think I will make a couple for myself as they would be fairly easy to make on my Myford Super 7 with just a little bit of work for my milling machine too.

The biggest factor when making something like this is the time it takes - and is why I would far rather buy a couple more than bother with the workshop time it would take to make them - although having made a couple, making more would be comparatively easy ,and making several at a time reduces the time per item still further.

If the numbers were sufficient to warrant the programming it would also be a good candidate for some simple CNC work to make an easy project but not necessarily any less expensive when the programming is taken into account.

I would also feel "obliged" to make some minor changes if I were to make my own to respect the effort the maker has made to produce such a nice item.

Basically I would rather buy a couple more, but if I cannot do this then making something similar would be the only other option.
Rossendale Model Target Club. BB4 6QS . Every Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 10pm.