just one rifle now

no avatar
gary martin

just one rifle now

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 pm

after making some decisions over where my shooting is heading, i only have one rifle now. sold many items, and more to sell. the pro sport is the only one i own now. hopeful it will keep me interested enough in shooting. i don't want to give up totally. time will tell of course.

Blackbaronfish

Re: just one rifle now

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Be aware of the man with one rifle 😂
We have entered into a funny zone where all spare time is cancelled and every job take far too much effort to accomplish

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
gary martin

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm
Be aware of the man with one rifle 😂
We have entered into a funny zone where all spare time is cancelled and every job take far too much effort to accomplish

BBF
it goes further than that though my friend. the lockdown affected my shooting at a time when i was slightly out of love with it. i shoot FT, and things took a backward step in my region in my view. the lockdown happened, the EU directive that will have a knock on effect over the use of lead etc. thought it maybe time to find a new direction, thinking of EMTB. with the way my region was run and the possible lead ban, i reasoned that a lot of my kit would lose value as in my opinion a suitable alternative to lead in sub 12 fpe rifles is not there. as stated i don't want to give up completely, but the chances are far higher than a few years back.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:54 pm

Shame, but one is better than none.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:38 am

eboswan wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:54 pm
Shame, but one is better than none.
agree. just hope the love for the sport doesn't die though. the way things are panning out though, might be a end in sight. can't see anything other than a system like Scotlands and a ban on Lead ammo. ever creeping legislation.

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:54 am

went out yesterday for a club shoot. got to say i loved it. i was excited to go in truth, the new/old setup was a breath of fresh air. the pro sport with a cheap BSA 8-32 scope. fun yes, more power to fun. maybe i will do a few low key comps in time, but for now fun will do just nicely.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 am

I think we all go through the doldrums at some point, I know I have, I don't think you ever lose the love of shooting we just get a little bored with it.
Going back too the basics could well be the answer and just have fun shooting rather than being so serious about it.
Enjoy.
Brian
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:19 am

eboswan wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 am
I think we all go through the doldrums at some point, I know I have, I don't think you ever lose the love of shooting we just get a little bored with it.
Going back too the basics could well be the answer and just have fun shooting rather than being so serious about it.
Enjoy.
Brian
yes, that's the plan. i was living it at one point, but now i live along side it. the gradual streamlining of my stuff should help me concentrate on what it should be, and to what you have eluded, enjoyment and fun.
Gary.