Loving my TX - latest obsession.

no avatar
Pete2

Loving my TX - latest obsession.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Picked up a mk3 177 TX200 about 4 months ago. Been tinkering with it and trying different set ups.
Spent a fair bit of time shooting it and have hardly touched the pcp's. I'm finding it a bit addictive, trying to consistently shoot it using the same hold and technique each time. When I do my bit, it's as good as any of my pcp's.
Tried standard set up, short stroked with blue Aussie seal, lighter piston with standard and longer latch rod, now trying something else.
Love the challenge. My goal is to do at least as well in hft with it as I've done with my pcps.
Slowly improving.
Time to just shoot it and stop faffing about with it.

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Loving my TX - latest obsession.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:59 pm

i have a 21mm dia piston, super soft spring and love this configuration. others like the 25mm piston with the longer latchrod and aussie seal. all depends on your preference. i like a soft action, others like a snappier one.

no avatar
tonyc

Re: Loving my TX - latest obsession.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Have to agree with Gary... different setups suit different shooters... and I get best results with a lazy cycle. I've left my Mk3 as standard (even with a slight twang) as I found it outshoots other faster cycling rifles including my HC, standard Mk2 and a tuned 97k.